StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been about a month with my 2007 Wee-strom and this bike is great. Its about as perfect of a "motorcycle" as can be, very carefree, not having to worry about rough surfaces is great, and for tight corners/normal riding its perfect. Now that its broken in and I can rev it out I do miss that 1100cc power a lil :(

Ive also recently ridden a Vee so I can give my impressions on that bike. Its a very similar feel just bigger/heavier more than the specs would say. This takes away from "perfect "motorcycle"" factor of the wee.

So here is my review for you people lurking thinking about the strom.

Vee- It has more power but nothing amazing, its alot more of a compromise bike where it does everything alright but nothing that is amazing.

Wee- Just the best bike Ive ridden, the power is great for around town but as I mentioned before It doesnt have the insane level of acceleration Im used to.

Verdict- Buy a Wee and if you have the need for something thats ridiculously fast buy a 2nd used bike for those brief needs of acceleration.

·
Registered
22,238 Posts
if you like the wee, try the SV650, the bike that the 650engine is really at it's perfect home

the reason most 1k owners get the 1k isn't to go fast, it's to be comfortable at 4000 rpm on the highway instead of 6500 rpm and to have reasonable passing power in highspeed traffic

at 80mph the wee is beginning to run out of steam

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've had my '07 Wee for about 2 months. (3600 miles)

I work in a large dealership and had narrowed my choices to a Ulysses, a 950 Adventure, a DL1000, and the Wee. I wanted flickability, giggle factor, and easy maintenance. I rode all of them home at least once to try them out, and the 650 ended up being the perfect choice for me.

I use mine for 99% commuting (112 miles a day) and rarely play-ride, or two-up with it.

But really...is there such a thing as a bad motorcycle? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far highway wise the wee has been doing great, ive had no problem with 85-90 indicated for a hr plus

M

·
0 Posts
Oh Boy! Another Wee Vs. Vee Urinary Olympiad. I'll jump in.
Wee's are for emasculated men and geezers!
Vee's are for men who still have genatalia and like to pass things.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well other than having Genatalia, I got the "V" because I'm 6'4" and almost 280lbs. I have a KLR and it gets around fine, but I wanted something to replace a V-max that had more luggage room, fit my height better and still got decent gas milage. To bad I hear there won't be a choice anymore for new Vee vs Wee in 08.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
65mpg @ 4500 rpm with 6' 5" 300 + lb. rider

the reason most 1k owners get the 1k isn't to go fast, it's to be comfortable at 4000 rpm on the highway instead of 6500 rpm and to have reasonable passing power in highspeed traffic

at 80mph the wee is beginning to run out of steam
With all due respect, my 2006 Wee runs 65mpg at 4500 rpm. That's with a 16t sprocket($12.95 @ adventuremotostuff), though. It does this consistantly as this is how I know that I am in 6th gear.

At 90mph, it has a LOT of throttle left and would estimate the bike will do well over 100mph if I ever wanted it to. I am 6'5" and weight 300+ lbs.

I insist these numbers are true. I don't know if I just got a good one off the assembly line or what. The other day I was racing a Harley Sportster from stop lights and had no trouble staying with him with throttle left to spare.

I wouldn't refuse more power, but I really don't seem to need it and it would be worth it to me for what it would cost.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey, today is my bike's one-month anniversary. And as of this morning, I have a license plate... woohoo!

And 3500 miles on the odo. :)

I have no regrets, although on my most recent trip I did find myself wanting a bit more oomph in some of the straightaways, mainly because the other riders were mean and kept ditching me.

(Note to self: call dealer for 4k service appointment, like, next week)

·
Registered
22,238 Posts
With all due respect, my 2006 Wee runs 65mpg at 4500 rpm. That's with a 16t sprocket($12.95 @ adventuremotostuff), though. It does this consistantly as this is how I know that I am in 6th gear.

At 90mpg, it has a LOT of throttle left and would estimate the bike will do well over 100mpg if I ever wanted it to. I am 6'5" and weight 300+ lbs.

I insist these numbers are true. I don't know if I just got a good one off the assembly line or what. The other day I was racing a Harley Sportster from stop lights and had no trouble staying with him with throttle left to spare.

I wouldn't refuse more power, but I really don't seem to need it and it would be worth it to me for what it would cost.
well, I wasn't talking about going 65mph I like to keep up with traffic @ 80-85mph

sure a wee can go 90, even 100 fairly easily, but it takes ALL of that "LOT of throttle left" to do it and you don't get there very quick either compared to how quick you got from 40-60 or 60-80 , with a vee in a cluster of 90mph traffic, breath on the throttle and your no longer surrounded by a cluster f*&k of cages

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22,238 Posts

At 90mpg, it has a LOT of throttle left and would estimate the bike will do well over 100mpg if I ever wanted it to. I am 6'5" and weight 300+ lbs.

well, I wasn't talking about going 65mph I like to keep up with traffic @ 80-85mph

sure a wee can go 90, even 100 fairly easily, but it takes ALL of that "LOT of throttle left" to do it and you don't get there very quick either compared to how quick you got from 40-60 or 60-80 , with a vee in a cluster of 90mph traffic, breath on the throttle and your no longer surrounded by a cluster f*&k of cages

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
80-85 + ?

You folks must drive pretty fast up there in New Hampshire. You drive 10 miles over the 65mph speed limit on the interstates down here in IL and you're asking for a ticket.

You have a point if you're needing a blast of extra horsepower at 85mph, which I have seen in some of the interstates in Chicago(well, maybe 75mph blasts). My bike feels like it would do at least 115mph, but I've never tried it. I kind of feel like that would satisfy most folks.

I wonder if you do those 85mph hard-on throttle blasts in windy weather (passing semi's, etc.) when you feel that 'wavering' sensation ?

·
Registered
678 Posts
You folks must drive pretty fast up there in New Hampshire. You drive 10 miles over the 65mph speed limit on the interstates down here in IL and you're asking for a ticket.
You drive 10 miles over the speed limit here in California and you're asking to get rear-ended. Nominal freeway speed here in the Bay Area (where the limit is generally 55) is 75-80, and that's about the upper limit of what I'm comfortable with, both wind- and rev-wise -- that puts me at about 6500 RPM or so.

High-speed passing is a bit dicey in top gear, which is slightly disappointing, because aren't V-twins supposed to excel at that sort of thing? It's no problem blasting past lines of cars at 90-95, but I usually have to downshift and rev it up to 9k to get it done before the passing lane ends.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just read an article that showed the 0-60 times of the 650vs1000
they were 3.8sec. and 3.4sec. at 25 more HP.
I myself dont feel the need for displacement, but if 3.8 stops doin it for me, I dont think another 4/10 sec. will either. Seriously now boys.

·
Registered
22,238 Posts

You have a point if you're needing a blast of extra horsepower at 85mph, which I have seen in some of the interstates in Chicago(well, maybe 75mph blasts). My bike feels like it would do at least 115mph, but I've never tried it. I kind of feel like that would satisfy most folks.

I wonder if you do those 85mph hard-on throttle blasts in windy weather (passing semi's, etc.) when you feel that 'wavering' sensation ?
if your a squid on a sportbike, weavin in and out of traffic, 10 over will easily give you a ticket, in any state prolly, my experience, in heavy traffic, stay with the flow, work your way thru clusters without acting like a squid, on open highway with light traffic, anywhere south of a ton, and they won't even look at you

I just read an article that showed the 0-60 times of the 650vs1000
they were 3.8sec. and 3.4sec. at 25 more HP.
I myself dont feel the need for displacement, but if 3.8 stops doin it for me, I dont think another 4/10 sec. will either. Seriously now boys.
0-60 is not very important in high speed highway as 60-80 and 80-100 cause yer already going 60 to begin with and still not keeping up with traffic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts