StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago I was hit in the front by a guy that stopped quick, put it in reverse and backed in me. The lens on the headlights took most of the impact and one was busted out. Looks like you can only buy an entire headlight assembly and I was wondering how easy/difficult it is to swap the old broken assembly out with a new one ? I figured I'd ask before I start ripping in to it . Thanks !

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's not that hard just takes a bit of time. First remove the sidecovers then the windscreen and bracket then the instrument surround then the front headlight surround. you can then remove the headlight unit. It's mainly straightforward if you analyze whats holding it all together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply ! That's more or less what I thought needed to be done but....... I've attempted other projects where I find it goes from easy to needing special tools and 4 sets of hands very quickly ! :hurray:

·
Registered
15,438 Posts
I've got the same problem. Ordered a new bucket. Getting the old one off was easy, a few tools and a little time.
Come on UPS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts