Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2006 Vee, how do I get to the bulb to change it. I don't see any screws. I hate to give the authorities and dumb reasons to pull me over. Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Find two nuts #21 inside the rear fender. Take those off and things come apart.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
An old thread.

Same process for 2012 Wee? (License plate bulb).

Is bulb a common one (available from auto supply store)?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
2011 Wee here. How does the bulb come out? Pull it straight out, or turn it, or push it? I couldn't get it out tonight to replace it.

·
38,049 Posts
Push #3 in toward the lens to ease the bayonet mount tabs, turn it counter clockwise until it stops, then pull it out. 2012 models work the same way but there is only one bulb.

·
38,049 Posts
Sorry. That bulb is a simple push and pull type.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
2011 DL650A licence / license plate bulb is Sylvania 168, NOT 5007

Sorry. That bulb is a simple push and pull type.
Sweet, got it. Thanks!

A note, though. I went to Sylvania's Automotive Bulb Replacement Guide website to figure out which bulb to get. Chose 2011, Suzuki, DL650A V-Strom ABS, License Plate Light, it told me 5007. So I get a pack of two 5007 bulbs, take things apart, take out the bulb, and, uhh, Not Even Close. Brought the bulb to the shop, turns out you want Sylvania 168.

I've sent an email to Sylvania suggesting they fix their bulb finder tool. In the meantime, if anyone's searching for what licence plate bulb to get, hopefully they'll find this and get the right bulb the first time. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts