StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New upper latch for E41 came in tonight. This is the latch underneath the red push button that locks the case into the mount at the top. (Next time I'll just let the #^%&$ helmet drop off the seat and not try to catch it and roll bike off ctr stand :( )

Anybody ever swapped one out? I've removed the inner screw but can't get the push button out to swap the old latch for a new one. GIVI parts instructions are no help on this. Looks like I may have to file the retainer tab off the pushbutton since there's no logical way to pry (nor do I want to) the case up a couple of mm to slide the latch out.

Safe riding

Reactions: wingstrom

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
BUMP!

Anyone here ever had to remove the internal parts on their hard Givi cases? I have the replacement parts and am looking at their parts diagram, but can't see how the red push button is removed either. I'm thinking it clicks or snaps into place somehow, but it no wanna go and like the poster above, I don't want to pry the case to remove the latch.

I need to remove Part#E so I can replace part#C

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I emailed Givi USA and they replied the following:

If you push the button in, you should be able to see through the hole where the latch is, the raised section of the red button located in the slot…this is basically a barb facing the outside of that case that keeps the button in place. Generally we will use a small screwdriver to wedge between the lower button housing (case) and the button to clear the barbs and extract it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
that's how I did it, but I used a big screw driver, it was a pain, goes in easier though

I emailed Givi USA and they replied the following:

If you push the button in, you should be able to see through the hole where the latch is, the raised section of the red button located in the slot…this is basically a barb facing the outside of that case that keeps the button in place. Generally we will use a small screwdriver to wedge between the lower button housing (case) and the button to clear the barbs and extract it.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
BUMP!

Anyone here ever had to remove the internal parts on their hard Givi cases? I have the replacement parts and am looking at their parts diagram, but can't see how the red push button is removed either. I'm thinking it clicks or snaps into place somehow, but it no wanna go and like the poster above, I don't want to pry the case to remove the latch.

I need to remove Part#E so I can replace part#C

Just bring it over and I'll do it for you.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi Rick,
Sorry I didn't see your response before, but I popped it out right after I posted the reply from Givi. It was really easy to remove. I just posted the reply from Givi in case anyone else ever needed to do this, but thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for posting the instructions by Givi. It gave me the confidence to use a bit more brute force and not be surprised by some tricky clip that sits behind, out of view. With a large flat screwdriver and a bit of brute force the push button came out quite easily.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thanks for posting the instructions by Givi. It gave me the confidence to use a bit more brute force and not be surprised by some tricky clip that sits behind, out of view. With a large flat screwdriver and a bit of brute force the push button came out quite easily.
Glad it helped. I also have a E41 case that had the small top door ripped off. It's pretty hard trying to find a replacement part like that for such old cases. I did see it somewhere a while ago but I think it was really overpriced for the part..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice post! I finally found people who had the same issue. I am facing the same problem with my E41 left monokey side case. Where did you get the replacement parts for the latch (part C in the diagram)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts