StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody know if there is any aftermarket turn singal kits out there? I need to replace the left turn signal on one of our DL-650's.

OEM is nearly $50 :x

Any help is appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
9849 LH FLUSH MOUNT III AMBER [2 FIL]

You can get those over at http://www.mawonline.com/lockhart.htm#Turn signals Of course they are flush mount and wont stick out as far as the others. I've also seen some carbon fiber ones on bikes, but I'm sure somebody else will chime in about those. At 16 bucks they are cheaper than oem replacements.

Eric

Ps: Supposedly the flush mounts dont break in a tipover. I"m hoping not to test that theory.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWESOME!! Exactly what I was looking for..

Thank you Eric!! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
You may need to mod fairing mounting hole for those turnsignals.
Newenough.com has soe adapters ,so no need modification on fairing.
Be carefull some cops are pretty sensitive for non-Dot approved lightintg.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Who dropped the bike???

Sheriff Of Smart Ass Cty. said:
Hey does anybody know if there is any aftermarket turn singal kits out there? I need to replace the left turn signal on one of our DL-650's.

OEM is nearly $50 :x

Any help is appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Well I did say the bike would be dropped by new riders but at least one person seems to think nobody drops the bike :roll: . It is a tall top heavy bike when fuelled and even experienced riders have dropped it. No shame really but a reality when dealing with this bike. It is one reason why I don't recommend it for a nOOb. Of course if you are huge with a 34" + inseam then common sense says a 500gs isn't going to work for you, but it's still my opinion there are better bikes to learn on 8)

water warrior said:
His wife dropped HIS bike. lol.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have a turn signal I'll probably be selling on ebay sooner or later. Thankfully a drop at a standstill in the yard, while learning to brake does 0 damage to the bike. Wouldent have been so good on pavement. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've tipped mine over a few times. I now pick up all broken pieces and epoxy glue them back together.

If Suzuki would just sell the lenses it would'nt be so bad. But ~$40 for a blinker is a bit excessive.

I am also learing of non DOT flushmounts. I want to be seen as much as possible by the many blind cagers we share the road with.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The turn signal lenses on the Strom are the same as these bikes:

• 01-02 GSXR600/1000
    00-03 GSXR750
    01-04 Bandit
    SV1000
(list taken from an online lens vendor and confirmed when I ordered some for my Wee).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts