StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone picked up new headlamps from canadian tire for their Vstrom? If so which ones fit it?

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Either H4 or 9003. Same # everywhere.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, dark in the mornings going to work these days and want some brighter lamps so I can see the deer on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

thanks, dark in the mornings going to work these days and want some brighter lamps so I can see the deer on the road.
If deer are a hazard you face daily, I suggest that you choose a new route.

If none is available, how about getting auxiliary lamps that give a wide and low beam, for two reasons: you give the deer much more warning of your approach, and you illuminate any of the critters hiding in the dingweeds alongside, for example, Peneshula Road.

A deer sacrificed itself and did $700 damage to my minivan,
so I give those walking roadblocks plenty of respect.
I hope you do the same, and miss every one of 'em!

Keith

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Are the headlights aimed correctly? The low beams can be as high as possible as long as they don't blind oncoming drivers. Do check that the bulbs are correctly seated in the light assembly. The bulbs can hang up and put the filament out of the optical center of the reflector so the light doesn't go where it should.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I've been happy with the brightness and color of Sylvania SilverStar bulbs.
Consider installing a headlight relay kit from Eastern Beaver, which will eliminate the voltage drop to the headlights caused by the puny stock wiring, so even the stock bulbs will put out more light. It also will prevent a common problem with the starter switch and possibly the main harness.
If you decide to install higher power bulbs (more than the standard 60/55W), the relay kit is a must.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If deer are a hazard you face daily, I suggest that you choose a new route.

If none is available, how about getting auxiliary lamps that give a wide and low beam, for two reasons: you give the deer much more warning of your approach, and you illuminate any of the critters hiding in the dingweeds alongside, for example, Peneshula Road.

A deer sacrificed itself and did $700 damage to my minivan,
so I give those walking roadblocks plenty of respect.
I hope you do the same, and miss every one of 'em!

Keith
I hit one with my truck three weeks ago $3400 to the front end. deer are on ever road around here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice lights

Put in the brightest silverstar Canadian tire sells and this morning ride to work was nice and bright

·
Registered
165 Posts
Put in the brightest silverstar Canadian tire sells and this morning ride to work was nice and bright
If you haven't yet, you should really consider installing the headlamp relay kit from eastern beaver. The brighter light draw more current and the stock wiring is already marginal. Several people have fried their high beam switches with stock lights.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Piaa star white

I've been using Piaa Star White H4 60/55w for a couple of years and they are a big improvement over the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you add a relay kit for the PIAA's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts