StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 07 1K, installed a set of Protaper ATV high. love em!
Want some good hand guards.
I tried 2 sets of Cycra pro bend, from my XC days, the levers hit the guards.
Am I stuck with the OEM guards.
If anyone uses aftermarket guards and bars on 1K can you send some details and post a pic, please.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe that the Acerbis Multiconcept Touring handguards will fit with only minor re-routing of a cable. I have a set of the Pro-Taper ATV High bars that I will be installing this weekend and am also looking for guards with some aluminum protection. The Multiconcept seem to be backordered until July, but Acerbis carries a special mount for the Pro-Taper bars.

I'll let you know if I find out anything on my own search.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed the Pro-Taper High ATV bars with the Cycra handguards and I'm very happy with the results. I did have to cut the ends of the brake and clutch levers off.

Bars and guards from Royal Distributing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe that the Acerbis Multiconcept Touring handguards will fit with only minor re-routing of a cable. I have a set of the Pro-Taper ATV High bars that I will be installing this weekend and am also looking for guards with some aluminum protection. The Multiconcept seem to be backordered until July, but Acerbis carries a special mount for the Pro-Taper bars.

I'll let you know if I find out anything on my own search.
Ok, maybe they don't fit without cutting the level ends off!! I need to tinker some more, but may end up with shorter levers....

·
Registered
23 Posts
The wee must have different control levers - atv highs and cycra probend composites fit great on mine. Dont worry if you have to cut the lever knobs ends off I did it on my KLR w/ acerbis guards and never even noticed they where gone. The cycras dont touch the windshield at full turn. Good luck finding some that fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts