StromTrooper banner

Replacement clutch lever options? K2

2662 8
I see the ASV and Pallazo mentioned Any new or even better used options options ? oem is now $58. thanks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some OEM style clutch levers for $20 shipped. I have a set on an 05 1000 rite now...& a brake lever on a 2012 650 without any issues whatsoever
Sounds good but this supplier shows different models/part numbers for k2-3 vs k4-5-6,,,dunno, do you?

White Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I can assure you....I have installed these aftermkt oem style clutch levers on the 2005 & 2003 (02-12)....& on my 2014 (14-19) 1000s
The brake lever will fit all year models of the 1000 & all 650s too

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is no benefit to replacing the brake lever as that is adjustable from the factory. On the clutch side, ASV levers are very sloppy and loose because the lever is designed for many models and has lots of bushings (which do not fit very tightly) and switch adapters. The Vortex levers from Revzilla are reasonably priced, made in USA (in Utah) and the quality is great. The Vortex levers use a knuckle that is specific to your model. I personally am using the Vortex shorty as that works very well for me and relieves any carpal tunnel from using the clutch in city traffic. Vortex site: https://www.vortexracing.com/product/v3-2-0-levers/

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ive done the research on aftermkt oem style levers to fit ALL Stroms. I have had each generation of 650 & 1000 in my garage over the years (since 2003) & have an 05 DL1k ..13 DL650..& 14 DL1k rite now. My friend RZ500rich leant his 09 DL650 to check the early style clutch lever since its been a while that Ive had one.

Checked the BikeMaster...Emgo...Motion Pro...Parts Unlimited & WPS brands

Some look exactly like the levers from one of the other suppliers (Im not gonna say which) jus relabeled

Now I have several levers on hand if someone needs one. All waaay less than Suzys oem price

DL1000/650 Brake...prob 1050 too
DL1000 Clutch...also..prob 1050 too
DL650 04-09 Clutch
DL650 11-22 Clutch

This info pertains to US models ..but Id bet other countries are pretty much the same year range

Lemme kno which ya need

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive done the research on aftermkt oem style levers to fit ALL Stroms. I have had each generation of 650 & 1000 in my garage over the years (since 2003) & have an 05 DL1k ..13 DL650..& 14 DL1k rite now. My friend RZ500rich leant his 09 DL650 to check the early style clutch lever since its been a while that Ive had one.

Checked the BikeMaster...Emgo...Motion Pro...Parts Unlimited & WPS brands

Some look exactly like the levers from one of the other suppliers (Im not gonna say which) jus relabeled

Now I have several levers on hand if someone needs one. All waaay less than Suzys oem price

DL1000/650 Brake...prob 1050 too
DL1000 Clutch...also..prob 1050 too
DL650 04-09 Clutch
DL650 11-22 Clutch

This info pertains to US models ..but Id bet other countries are pretty much the same year range

Lemme kno which ya need

I got mine in the mail a few days ago but haven't put it on. It;s good and solid, seems OEM. Thanks mr2mch01.

I've been noticing that I don't mind my broken lever so much...filed down the sharp edges.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
There is no benefit to replacing the brake lever as that is adjustable from the factory....
Disagree on that. I have Pazzo levers on the Strom, I like the bend much better than the stock lever, so even on the brake side they were worth it to me.

Reactions: MontanaGuy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.