StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Did a quick search for "mirrors" but didn't really come up with anything; I'm sure someone's probably asked before, but is there a good candidate for a replacement set of mirrors for the Wee?

I ask because with my Givi screen, my mirrors/stalks are always "bumping" the windscreen when at full lock (locking the steering column etc.) I've also found that adjusting the mirrors adequately at my height and frame size is difficult, I have to have the mirrors fairly pushed back to see around my shoulders hence the tight space. Finally, the plastic cover (collar? I forget the proper name) where the mirror's attached to the stalk is cracking on both sides, and I've read that's a common issue.

I don't know if handlebar mirrors are universal or whatnot, so if anyone's replaced their own mirrors with a different/better set that maybe extends further out from the bike, I'd love to know what you used. Would definitely be preferable if the mirrors were at least the same size as the stock ones, but I'm open to suggestions as long as they're functional.

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
See Replacement mirrors, low cost & that work well?
The best thing I've found to keep the mirrors and handguards off a large windscreen is a Madstad windscreen bracket. That being said, I have the Emgo mirrors and they do allow a bend at the stalk to mirror housing that allows a bit more clearance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome greywolf, that is *exactly* the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you very much -- I'll probably look into either the Emgo or Aprilia mirrors myself, they look pretty decent. Wonder if any of my local shops sell Emgo stuff -- time to go hunting. :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
A buddy put KTM Duke II on his and I'm leaning towards those maybe in the spring.
Mike

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
I just did a search on eVilBay for mirrors for a V-Strom. They came from Taiwan and were dirt cheap.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I have Kawi Mean Streak Mirrors

Stainless low and wide not cheap like 150 but I have had them on 3 bikes now

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid 14 bucks for the ebay mirror extenders on stock mirrors... They work great. And with the funky looking angular windshield (national cycle vstream), I've got no problems at all...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I didn't put on the extenders, but if you are still going to replace the grilled cheese sized mirrors, definitely give the Aprilla mirrors a go. They are cheap and it's amazing how much less turbulence spins off their superior shape and size.

·
Registered
39 Posts
+1 for the Aprilia mirrors. Better vision then my old mirros and less turbulace. I have a Madstad and a Suzuki tall screen. It worked welll up to abou 65-70mph then got some bad turbulace when I went faster. (speed limt on the higways is 75mph). The mirror chage got rid of most of the buffeting at speeds over 75. Not 100% gone but noticable, in a good way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hum, am I the only one who likes the stock mirrors/:confused:

At first they were a problem. Wind buffeting and my shoulders blocking the view but with Rickland Rick's mirror extenders all is more than well.:thumbup: Great view to the rear, wide open front, no wind issues, no vibration. Of all my bikes the mirrors on the Wee are the best it seems to me.
V-Tour

·
Registered
242 Posts
after trying to see anything in the mirrors of my Ducati Monster, the grilled cheese mirrors are just fine by me....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey folks,

Did a quick search for "mirrors" but didn't really come up with anything; I'm sure someone's probably asked before, but is there a good candidate for a replacement set of mirrors for the Wee?

I ask because with my Givi screen, my mirrors/stalks are always "bumping" the windscreen when at full lock (locking the steering column etc.) I've also found that adjusting the mirrors adequately at my height and frame size is difficult, I have to have the mirrors fairly pushed back to see around my shoulders hence the tight space. Finally, the plastic cover (collar? I forget the proper name) where the mirror's attached to the stalk is cracking on both sides, and I've read that's a common issue.

I don't know if handlebar mirrors are universal or whatnot, so if anyone's replaced their own mirrors with a different/better set that maybe extends further out from the bike, I'd love to know what you used. Would definitely be preferable if the mirrors were at least the same size as the stock ones, but I'm open to suggestions as long as they're functional.

Thanks!
I have the same problem with mirrors bumping my windshield so having to adjust them so my shoulder is blocking half of the already-small footprint. :furious:

Nice to see the various options in this thread, thanks guys! :hurray:

·
Administrator
18,442 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
Hum, am I the only one who likes the stock mirrors/:confused:

At first they were a problem. Wind buffeting and my shoulders blocking the view but with Rickland Rick's mirror extenders all is more than well.:thumbup: Great view to the rear, wide open front, no wind issues, no vibration. Of all my bikes the mirrors on the Wee are the best it seems to me.
V-Tour
Naw. I like the the stock mirrors just fine too. So maybe it's just you and me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
353 Posts
ebay led mirrors

I like these - aerodynamic. Others had not trouble with install but mine tend to swivel at high speed and I am working on a fix (cannot get spring tight enough). I like them so much more than stock with added visibility that I am trying to work through that issue. LED does not hurt - night visible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts