StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little drop incident last week had me concerned about the hand guards. I knew they would offer little to no protection in a drop or crash, but until it actually happened I didn't think much of it. The end of the clutch lever was quite scratched, and I'm lucky it was just that and not a break. Next time it might be. So I ditched the OEM hand guards and installed some Barkbusters. About 45 minutes start to finish, and I like the way they look. And now if I drop it again the levers will be much better protected.

BTW, this is the BHG-055 kit, not the new BHG-086 kit that is supposed to be for the 1050. Apparently the new kit is all silver, whereas this one is black which makes more sense to me.

Cheers!
K

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I added the same as "flimsy" barely describes the stock ones. I also added the turn signal option to them and they are surprisingly noticeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks that's good information! Last Farkles I have to do at this point are hand guards, auxiliary lights, and a loud horn. I will be taking a look at the bark busters!(y)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Every so often (including just now) I do a search for hand guards with louvers, like on the dashboard of our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts