StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after weeks of searching i finally found a nice 09 wee . the 1st thing i noticed is the weight difference. the bike just fells better. after having a sv 650 i knew the motor well. i rode the vee after i rode the wee and it just felt much bigger and a lot faster. i think both bikes are very good.was wondering if they changed anything on the wee since they started making them. the wee just fells right

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
They've lenghened the swingarm, went to a 2 plug head, and added a catalyser in 07; they also added ABS. Other than that, I think only the colours changed. The 06 I tried maxed out at 200 km/h; my 08 only makes it to 180.

·
Registered
325 Posts
'08 and newer have 400 watt alternator and the 09 has a different axle nut

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
What Gear?
In 6th gear for both bikes. I came off a 200 hp 5 speed bike; it had not occured to me that top speed might be reached in a lower gear than the topmost.

So maybe the 08 makes it to 200 in 5th; I'll have to take the luggage off and try it, but even if it does, that shows something has changed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
No pissing contest these days for me. I just came back from filling the wEE with $4.35 per gallon gas. Glad I get over 50 MPG

·
Registered
522 Posts
No pissing contest these days for me. I just came back from filling the wEE with $4.35 per gallon gas. Glad I get over 50 MPG
My last two tanks in my Vee averged 48.5 mpg!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I'm going to end the debate once and for all and help Suzuki rule the 800 market.

Use the rear jug from a DL1000 and the front jug from a DL650. That will be 322+498 = 820cc.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
In 6th gear for both bikes. I came off a 200 hp 5 speed bike; it had not occured to me that top speed might be reached in a lower gear than the topmost.

So maybe the 08 makes it to 200 in 5th; I'll have to take the luggage off and try it, but even if it does, that shows something has changed.
I thought top speed was reached in 4th. Not enough torque to overcome wind resistant in 5th and 6the gear. There is a thread around here somewhere about this from a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I am getting tired of my Vee also. I wouldn't have bought it if they had made a super Vee. Something say around 1200cc would do nicely. No other mods necessary, of course they could shave some weight.

I could care less about gas mileage. I would ride on two wheels if the thing got 20 mpg.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You must get passed a lot. :yesnod:
Not a bit. My Vee just runs like it should and I'm even a big guy and have luggage mounted at all times. I have all the power and the gas mileage to boot:hurray:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not a bit. My Vee just runs like it should and I'm even a big guy and have luggage mounted at all times. I have all the power and the gas mileage to boot:hurray:
Strange. How many miles do you get out of a rear tire?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
We have two vees in our house and our experience is the same. I get 45 to 50mpg. And my wife gets 50 consistently. We average 75 to 80 fully loaded bags and all.

·
Registered
234 Posts
About 8K out of the Metzeler Tourance.
Sounds good. When I ride with my girlfriend (her on her Ninja 650R, me on my Wee), we both get about 60 MPG. Together we ride a lot slower than I do alone. Alone I get between 45 and 50 on my (DL650) Wee. Maybe the Vee gets better gas mileage than I thought. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
That's a lot of HP.

What bike and what mods to attain 200 HP?
You had asked me that before I think:
My friend builds drag bikes, and I inherited his motors when he built newer, better ones. I've had zooki gs engines ranging from stock (130) to 200 hp. He went to hayabusas for a while, but is now back at the oil-cooled engines I think; when I last spoke with him, his ride was an 89 gsxr1100 with a turbo; it made 250 hp on its first dyno run, and I'm pretty sre that if he hasn't blown it up yet, it's now close to 300.
The 200hp bike I was referring to was a 1985 GS1150; falicon crank, straight gears, 1390cc jugs, cams, pistons, headwork, custom 4:1 yosh exhaust and rs42 carbs with velocity stacks. The rest of the bike was pretty much stock, except for the front end which came from an 03 gsxr (inverted forks and 6pot brakes), and the banana swingarm from god knows what bike (93 gsxr?).
I also had a 81 gs1100 with the same 1150 bottom end, 1183cc jugs and a massaged 1100 head; I think that one dynoed 155 hp (which was two more than the stock 2003 hayabusa we brought on the same day).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts