StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DL 1000 is new, but Id like to upgrade the tail brake light to the best performance possible.
As I type this, Im out of town and away from my bike ( and new service manual) for 3 weeks. Does anyone know the bulb type fitment for this machines tail light? 2014-18 DL 1000. What are my upgrade options (LED) ? Can I upgrade signal lights too..if so options? My understanding is this machine is not stock LED but if I'm mistaken... drop me a correction? Yes.. topic beaten to death but much appreciated....... thanks ! :wink2:

·
Registered
754 Posts
As far as I can tell it is already LED,and fairly bright. I added a flasher to mine but never changed the tailight.
Something like an Admore aux brake light might help though in addition to the stock light..

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Reactions: Zipziggy

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Some pics of mine. One shows where I drilled holes under the fender for the cable. I have the turn signals wired in (sequential amber flasher) that doesn't show up. Shortly after the pics I moved it to the top license plate mounting bracket, I don't remember exactly why but maybe because it was much sturdier mounting location.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
On my 2018 dl1000 I used a Eastern Beaver adaptor for Tail and Brake light to a adv. tech black license plate frame LEDS. top and bottom very bright tail and brake...:smile2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Adventuretech Sells a licence plate frame with aux tail and brake lights. Very bright and works well.

Vinnie

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
License Plate Light Bulb on 2018 Wee Strom

Does anyone have simple instructions on how to remove the casing to get to the license plate light bulb? The owner's manual doesn't really explain how & I don't want to crack the plastic (& couldn't find anything on YouTube)???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts