StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry if this question has been already ask....I am thinking of buying a Garmin Zumo 350LM on eBay and cheapest I found comes with Europe Maps only and no N. American map. My question is...is it possible to replace the pre loaded Europe Map to N. American maps? Does anyone here in forum have done this? I know also that I can just add a map through Garmin site. I will greatly appreciate all of your responses. Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sure, you can add or replace the map package on a Zumo easily by purchasing and downloading one from the Garmin site.

However, keep in mind that the LM means lifetime updates, so even if it's a few bucks less, you're paying for a perpetual subscription to European map updates which it seems like you don't need or want. To get the same mapping in the US, you'd have to buy North America lifetime maps, which is $90, on top of the device cost.

Unless the hardware you're looking at is really $90 less than the comparable US unit - which I doubt, I wouldn't bother going this route.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unit I am looking at is at eBay and pre loaded with European map only and it's not worth it buying to add N. American map so I end up buying a Zumo 660 at motorcycle superstore with 10% discount. Thanks for the response

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
418 Posts
The unit I am looking at is at eBay and pre loaded with European map only and it's not worth it buying to add N. American map so I end up buying a Zumo 660 at motorcycle superstore with 10% discount. Thanks for the responseSent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Good choice. I have the 660 as well, and use the integrated BT music player often on long rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts