StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was late for an appointment and thought I'd zip over on my Frau's 2011 (the battery was dead on mine) as it was overdue for a run.

It was a little strange that I didn't have a neutral light ...but it started right up and ..well... I was running a bit late.

I had forgotten how nice the bike handled and was enjoying myself (it's running great) when I noticed that the fuel level wasn't reading ... nor was the temperature! I was confident I had lots of gas and made a note to check it out later.

I hit the expressway and after I passed the first few vehicles I checked my speed and my gauges (both speed and rpm) were at zero. Weird!

I made it to the appointment and the timing worked out well. when I came out I removed the seat to wiggle a few wires and look at fuses.

I found the dreaded mouse nest and after pulling out a small suitcase full of fluff I peered into the gloom under the top case and could see lots of copper gleaming. I drove directly home using hand signals.

Now that I've got that all apart and reinsulated I'm looking for a fuse (or link) but every fuse I look at seems to be fine.

I suspect something central as headlights and turn signals aren't working either.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Basically the bike runs great but I haven't got any electrics other than the horn.

Thanks
Den

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All the fuses including the 30 amp main seem fine. I am gbeginning to wonder if this is a different problem. Maybe the wiring harness ground on the 2011 is iffy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts