StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be driving to Nova Scotia the first week in Sept (girlfriend not happy sitting on a bike the whole way) and would like to rent a bike for a few days when there. The only rental I have found is J.K Walker Motorcycles in Hubbards N.S.

Any thoughts?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
I think the season is short for there to be many successful mc rental companies though I don't know that for a fact.

An alternative would be to ship your bike to Maine and swap vehicles there or let your girlfriend drive the car and you hop on the bike. Ship your bike to a Suzuki dealer in Bangor for example.

Or you could get a trailer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ALBM

I'm in Hubbards right now!
I'm visiting the in-laws for a couple weeks, and the wife and I trailer'd (wanted to ride, but we have the dog) our bikes from Newfoundland.

The riding has been amazing, with awesome hot sunny days.

I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a bike with a "Rent-Me" sticker on the tank. Thought that was odd. I can't remember what type of bike it was cause it was just a fleeting glimpse.

If you have never been to NS before, let me know. I used to live here and can give you a few tips on places to visit.
Make sure you get off the highways and take the time to take the shore roads. Amazing seaside scenary.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
588 Posts
X2! Stick to the coastal routes and you'll experience some of the finest riding anywhere. Post up if you're looking for someone to ride with as well, there's half a dozen Troopers in the area and it's never a problem to put a couple together for a ride.

We can offer up some great eating destinations too... :hurray:

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Nova Scotia has some of the most scenic riding anywhere and when you enter N.S. you go through a time portal and things slow down a little.
The deer population has gotten out of hand....they were introduced around the turn of the century and the vegetation often extends to the edge of the pavement. Don't forget your rain gear + bug spray.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
X2! Stick to the coastal routes and you'll experience some of the finest riding anywhere. Post up if you're looking for someone to ride with as well, there's half a dozen Troopers in the area and it's never a problem to put a couple together for a ride.
Some of the coastal routes are great, but there are also some great riding roads in the interior. For example, the 357 from Musquodoboit Harbour up to middle/Upper Musquodoboit, and then on to New Glasgow. Or the 307 from Wallace to the Wentworth Valley (or maybe it's the 368 I'm thinking of). I'm sure there are many others. Other than the main 100-series highway, few roads in Nova Scotia are anything like straight. Some even have decent pavement on them (but many don't, unfortunately). I was just down a few weeks ago (I'm from Dartmouth originally), but the girlfriend and I thought that a 2-week trip on the bike might be a little too ambitious. Given the weather we encountered, I can't say it was a bad decision.

CMG online (cmgonline.com) has some good riding guides for several areas. I think you have to register to access them (under My Account/Register->Discover Your Roads).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts