StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find out which Renthal bars will fit and be same size shape and angle as my stock bars on my 650 K7

I replaced my bars with Renthals on my Aprilia Pegaso after i dropped the bike and bent them , the renthals were great with no flex and a lot lighter.

I have tried a few websites but nothing yet ?

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Your instincts are right about strength, flex (although the alum bars actually flex more than steel, thus reducing vibes), weight, etc. However, finding a close replacement to the stock bars is tough, because of the down-turn at the end of the bars. The closest I've seen are the "ATV High" bars, made by many different co's. Most are available in the 7/8" size too, so you don't need to change out the mounts on them. Check Pro Taper, FMF, MSR, etc.

I put Pro Taper CR High's on mine, and find the reach too far forward. I have a pair of FMF "ATV MID RISE" bars waiting to go on, that at first blush look like they'll be a much better fit for me.

There's tons of info here on the subject, as well as our very own site (but this link should do it for you):

http://11109.rapidforum.com/area=110

Good luck...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take a look at Renthal's website http://www.renthal.com. They list a bunch of 7/8's bars' dimensions. All you need to do is measure your stock bars' width, height, and sweep, and match them up to one of theirs. For me, I'd prefer something with less sweep, as my riding position does not match the stock bars. In fact, I'm thinking about a 1" rise on the clamps, that way, a standard MX bar would fit with a larger application window. Might also take the opportunity to switch to fat bars, if I'm buying clamps anyways.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Stock size:

Height: 4in. (101mm), Width: 30in. (762mm), Pullback: 9.5in. (241mm), Center: 6in(152mm)

Renthal site doesn't have anything close to this kind of pullback--that's the problem with trying to match the bars to the stockers--they just aren't out there. However, with "up and back" risers and an aggressive ATV bend, you can come close, but you gotta look.

I'd recommend finding somebody in your area with your similar body dimensions to you that's done the mod and see if you can take it for a spin. I bought CR High bars based on some other's recommendations, but they just aren't right for me. I'll find out if the FMF's will work later this week...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take me from the beginning here. I don't get it. What is the purpose of changing the bars to something that is exactly the same height and pullback? What's the benefit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts