StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know the price or availability but here's a video with sound and a dyno chart shot at the end - if getting over the 100HP mark is important to you, this one says it'll get you there:

Doesn't show yet on their product listing page for Suzuki: http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/products/bikes/suzuki

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for posting that dyno chart. Too bad the torque nosedives starting at 6800 rpm.

Back on topic: Nice 4 HP gain using Remus without insert. I thought the engine really sounds great in that clip. I assume it is recorded with insert taken out.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Don't know the price or availability but here's a video with sound and a dyno chart shot at the end - if getting over the 100HP mark is important to you, this one says it'll get you there:

Doesn't show yet on their product listing page for Suzuki: Product List - Category - Bikes / Suzuki
Look, and sounds, better already :thumbup:

I think we will see pretty much all aftermarket exhaust manufacturers make a slip on for this new 1000, it is going to be much cheaper and easier to R&D just the muffler rathet than a 3/4 or full system like the 650.

I am waiting to see what Akra bring out :yesnod:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for posting that dyno chart. Too bad the torque nosedives starting at 6800 rpm.
6800 rpm is going to be about 120 mph in top, as IIRC 4000 rpm = 70 mph.
Yup ONJ, won't be a problem for me when in top gear. Or fifth for that matter.
But in second gear lot's of other bikes will be pulling ahead as I shift to third gear a couple thousand rpm earlier than I'd like, and then the same problem when winding out in third gear. The significance will depend on how short those short straights really are.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
You'd be making good hp past 8000 rpm though. Looks pretty good to me. Especially if it saves about 8lbs in weight.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Rick,

I've been following the threads on the full Arrow system with PCFC, etc. and am leaning towards that, but the Remus slip-on looks nice too.

With the Remus, if you merely slip that on, do you require all the other "stuff" or do you just leave everything else standard?

Having said that, it sounds like the standard factory "map" runs pretty lean, yes?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nooooo...You've gotta have the other stuff! You've gotta! Cause I do so you've gotta too!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK. Cork's back in the bottle. Really, this bike will keep running great with just an aftermarket can. You will hear a little more decal pop but that's about all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A gain of 4 hp.... saving 8 lbs.... seems like a lot of money spent for such small gains. I always have preferred things mostly stock, though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK. Cork's back in the bottle. Really, this bike will keep running great with just an aftermarket can. You will hear a little more decal pop but that's about all.
Yeah, thanks for the second answer..... the first one had me scratchin' my head :smile2:

I s'pose there'd be nothing stopping me fitting the can' initially then doing the rest later, huh?

Any issues with fitting the can' on a brand-new bike or should I wait until after the first service?

Some more questions...... if I fit the Remus, will it fit on the Arrow collector when I get that later? Would the PCFC mapping for the full Arrow system be suitable for the Arrow Collector + Remus can'? I imagine it would have to be pretty darn close?

The other option would be to go with the Arrow can' initially and fit the rest later. I kinda' like the Remus warranty though.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have the Yosh. No issues on a brand new bike. I have just ordered the Arrow collector and was curious about the PCFC mapping. They have a great 1-800 help number and I had a chat with the tech guy about the mapping. The PCFC uses all existing maps from the PC5. You can DL for free. I said that my Yosh and an Arrow or Remus can are similar in length, width and internal opening so I was hoping the full Arrow setup (map) would be the right choice. He totally agreed.
But, here's the winning ticket with the PCFC. 8 dial setting for maps. 8 maps at your touch. You make the adjustment, install maps and then just go to it by turning the dial with a small Phillips. Plus there are three dials for low, med., and high range. At half the price of a PC5 you can't lose. Can use Autotune with it but this bike does not need Autotune. lol. My Guzzi needed Autotune. Not this bike.

·
Vendor
5,361 Posts
Sorry I missed the question about Remus.

We carry both Remus and Arrow. Both have VERY IMPRESSIVE quality. The computer controlled welds are things of beauty. Not that anyone will get down and check out your welds after you put one on.

My recommendation is to ignore the torque curves published by the makers and listen to what others who have the mufflers are saying about the products and results of installation.

To the question.... no you don't need anything else to mount the Remus (hardware wise). the bike will benefit from a remapping after installation though. A Dynojet PC5 or PCFC (for us frugal types) will do the trick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi guys,,well the bike went on the dyno today at bsd in peterbough uk as having a full arrow system kn filter tre and pcfc fitted and wanted to make sure everything was running right .it seemed to run fine with the the pcfc standard map .i know i could have had a map downloaded for the exhaust etc but bsd said all bikes are different and the best way was for a custom map which i thought was the best way anyway
but now its had a custom map made and downloaded and making a very healthy 98bhp at the back wheel and i have to say its made a big difference on the ride aback home its some much more crisper and just pulls like a bloody train now its just a much nicer ride now .i know its not cheap to do but i hated the exhaust flap system ,02 sensors as its looks like a oh shit moment we have forgotten these items the exhaust flap is a pigs arse of a job in my eyes but everything else i liked on the bike when i first saw it last year .so with this in mind I knew what i wanted to do when i bought one and i am a very happy bunny now as it looks good and goes very well and sounds fantastic now
so a big thanks thumbs up to mark at bsd in peterbrough uk for his expert help etc and i cannot recommend him enough
cheers ride safe jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts