StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to remove the tank for the first time. My previous Strom was a Wee it was petty easy to remove. There's also a great thread in the 650 section on how to do it.

On the new Vee I'm just going to start taking off trim, get down to the tank and start looking for the hardware that's holding it down. If anyone has any hints, tips or tricks I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to remove the tank for the first time. My previous Strom was a Wee it was petty easy to remove. There's also a great thread in the 650 section on how to do it.

On the new Vee I'm just going to start taking off trim, get down to the tank and start looking for the hardware that's holding it down. If anyone has any hints, tips or tricks I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks

Ron
Yes, I have a lot of great tips on removing the tank, but I haven't run them by Big B for his approval, so I can't post them up.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I know the horse has left the barn, so to speak, but my tip is to take a piece of corrugated cardboard and push all the fasteners into it (helps to pre-punch a small hole) and label what piece they came out of. I just go across and down in order of removal, like writing on a page. Then I just reverse it for installation. Helps me remember the order to put the pieces back and I don't end up with a leftover fastener, wondering where the heck it went. You can save it and use multiple times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts