StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a vstrom 1000 04' (ca model).im just trying to get the bike to run smooth. im doing research on how to improve the idle and low end performance and came across "removing butterfly valves" could someone help me out or point me in the right direction? sorry im new to suzuki's and to the internet thing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Remap fuel injection with yosh box or Teka box, bike runs too lean from factory!! I left my secondaries in and my bike runs perfect!!! :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Click the Search link at the top of the page and search on "Secondaries." There's a thread in the Mods & Performance section called "Remove secondaries?" that should answer your questions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ILYA said:
i just got a vstrom 1000 04' (ca model).im just trying to get the bike to run smooth. im doing research on how to improve the idle and low end performance and came across "removing butterfly valves" could someone help me out or point me in the right direction? sorry im new to suzuki's and to the internet thing.
hi ilya
if you are having a problem with smoothness due to a lean condition, which almost all the 1000's have do not remove the secondaries. it will only make matters worse. they are in there for a reason. when i removed mine it became a little sluggish at lower rpms and the lean condition became worse.
i have an 04 DL1000. most 1000's need to be remapped or buy a power commander to richen things up a bit. you should be able to find a shop down there that has a yosh box or a teka. should only take them about 15 minutes or less to do it. cost.... 25 to 50 bucks seems to be the norm......

Kaos :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts