StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm in the process of replacing my stator and according to the Haynes manual step one is removing the clutch cable. According to the Haynes manual there is a small clip holding the cable in place and that one should be able to slip a small flat head screwdriver in and bend down the clip. For the life of me I cannot get it to bend down. Is there a trick that I need to know about?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Should come right off. I had mine apart and cleaned it when I changed my front sprocket.

You need enough slack to release it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,521 Posts
The reason why you need to remove the clutch cable is that the bottom clutch cable adjuster(A) is mounted to an extension of the generator cover(B).
To remove:
  • Loosen the top clutch adjuster at the lever to give maximum cable play.
  • Push the nipple in your picture backward/downwards. The top part of the nipple is slimmer and you can then side it sideways and off of the actuator arm.
  • Loosen the locknut of the bottom clutch cable adjuster.
  • Unscrew the bottom clutch cable adjuster out of the generator cover so that you can then remove that cover for access to the stator.
When you install the new stator only torque the bolts lightly to 8lb/ft, and the two CKP sensor set bolts to 4.7 lb/ft.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the assistance everyone, I undid the cable from the lever and managed to get it off. I will say that changing out the stator and R/R is a much more involved job than I thought it was going to be! Here's to hoping I can get everything back together correctly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts