StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted more airflow because of the heat and removed it last week. It's like riding a different bike. Above 6,000 rpms in 3rd gear the engine spoke to me and said, "I am Gladius more lean angle." It definitely feels more sportbike-like. It's very unusual to see a Wee without a windscreen what are the differences in performance with/without one? Real or imagined it's a lot of fun right now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I rode a new SV650 last week and I imagine it is very similar. What a barrel of fun that was. I'm still smiling. Maybe I'll take the screen off my Strom now and then just for fun! DD

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If you want to maintain a windscreen, you may want to try the Moose Racing 'Shorty' Screen. I put it on my '12 V1000 and really like it. It stopped my buffeting problem but lets more wind blast come thru just below my helmet.

Attachments

Reactions: oldjeep

·
Registered
123 Posts
I took my big windshield off for the summer and put a small sport windscreen on and really like the difference it makes. I wear full gear so hopefully the bugs wont hurt as bad, I am really digging the airflow when when its 95 outside. Come fall and I will swap them out again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is only the second bike I have ever had with a windshield on it and there is a bit of a "getting used to" phase I am going through. I have contemplated either going to the lowest setting or removing it. The only reason I havent removed it is because I think the designers had the windshield in the drawing from the beginning will it look terribly awkward without one.

I know I know .. form over function. Still might pull it off

Any pix of your bike with its windshield off?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Madstad bracket...lets you tilt windscreen back, raise, lower height. Awesome for airflow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Madstad bracket...lets you tilt windscreen back, raise, lower height. Awesome for airflow.
Yep, hot days I just lay my screen back on the lowest setting and I think I get more airflow than without. It channels the air right to my chest and keeps me cool. Then cool mornings just two thumb screws to put it back as a functional screen.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I remove the top half of the Givi Airflow AF3101 for the bulk of summer. Super easy and takes just a few seconds. Not the prettiest, though. But the airflow makes a big difference. I sometimes put it back on if I know I'm going to ride in substantial rain for any significant stretch.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
If you want to maintain a windscreen, you may want to try the Moose Racing 'Shorty' Screen. I put it on my '12 V1000 and really like it. It stopped my buffeting problem but lets more wind blast come thru just below my helmet.
Mind sharing your height? I'm new to the strom life and at 6'5 would love an option that just flowed clean air without having to be 3ft tall. Don't feel like riding in a bubble.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love the look and since almost every bike I ever owned was naked it would suit me fine but .... I checked and it looks like they haven't caught up to my year yet.

I will write them though and see if it's in the plans!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I cut my factory windshield down a couple weeks ago, it works great for me in the warm weather.
I also have the Madstad shield and brackets but I couldn't get enough airflow with it when it's hot out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Boriqua, here's the photo without any windscreen. Whatever it lacks in looks it sure is a fun bike to ride.
Thank you for the pic! My second bike is naked as is most of my previous bikes. I like the wind and even like the noise. :)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Mind sharing your height? I'm new to the strom life and at 6'5 would love an option that just flowed clean air without having to be 3ft tall. Don't feel like riding in a bubble.
I'm also 6'5" (265 lbs). I get a clean, stable air motion with the lower shield. I recommend it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
One of the great things about the Givi Airflow. Remove the main screen with two fingers and you have a "fly" screen. I agree that you need that on the hot days of summer.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I recently acquired a Madstad shield and bracket and I love it. Last summer, I removed the OE adv screen in the super hot weather. All the airflow was wonderful, until a big bug or piece of flying gravel crossed my path.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts