StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting around to doing a bunch of maintenance on the wee. Right now I've got the radiator swung forward per the manual. I'm going to check my valves and put in new spark plugs.

Now it looks like it would be a pain to do the valves with the little clearance from the back of the radiator. Now if it were removed it would be a lot of room, but it looks like there is quite a bit of stuff that I'd have to disconnect and or remove.

To those of you that have done this, what did you do? Or would you have done it definitely than you did?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
278 Posts
The black plastic cover holding the snaps off at the top of the radiator then you can get to the plastic tabs that are holding all the wires you are seeing conected to the back of it. It makes it much easier to do the valves with the radiator out of the way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Garbage Marc is correct, one piece at a time, it all comes off pretty easy. It makes doing the plugs and valves much easier, and is good motivation to change your cooling system fluid.

If you really want to make it easy, pull off the fairing, and pull the forks for an oil swap before doing the radiator, plugs and valves.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just finished checking and adjusting the valves on my bike. I had originally planned to keep the radiator on, but once I got into it, I quickly saw that it is much easier to work on the front cylinder if the radiator is off, so I removed it. It comes apart pretty easily, and gives you much more room to work. Also, there is less risk of smashing up the fins while you are working.

My advice is to take it off.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. That is what I was thinking was just to take it off, but wanted others opinions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts