StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks,

So, I bought an aux. light bar from Twisted Throttle (TwistedThrottle Auxiliary Headlight Mounting Bar for Suzuki DL650 and DL1000 V-Strom, all years - LAH.05.456.100 : TwistedThrottle.com), upon which I intend to mount a pair of Denali D1 LED lamps. (I have these things on an R1200R, and they work quite well.)

The instructions say "Remove the lower front cover" so you can install some clip nuts in place of what appear to be push-in plastic connectors. Fine - I can see how that will work to replace the plastic push-clips.

The question I have is, How (or can) one remove the lower front cover without drilling out the pre-existing push-in plastic connectors and / or removing the entire fairing assembly? I've stared at the bike, I've stared at the shop manual, and I honestly don't see how to get in there and do this.:confused:

(I have an '07 DL1000, but it appears to be the same for the 650s.)

Any help appreciated!

Good roads,

- Lewellen180

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If you are talking about the part I think you are:

Get a ball-point pen and push in the center of each of the nylon rivets you want to remove. You'll hear them pop, and you can then pull them out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
In case you lose or break any, Amazon sells 40 of them for $7.99.

I noticed in some posts people were getting them from the dealer at $3+ each

They have many different styles and sizes, but I think these are the little ones.

Amazon link

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Except for the two 8mm rivets under the headlights, all the rest are 6mm.

·
Registered
369 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts