StromTrooper banner

Remove fuel line from tank 2016

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rolex 
#1 ·
Ok. Am I the only one who finds the instructions in the manual about getting to the air cleaner frustratingly vague when it says “ Remove fuel line”. It looks like a clip that you just pinch the inside piece and it comes off, but no matter how much I squeeze the inside blue piece the fuel doesn’t get loose. Do I need some pliers to just pull harder or am I missing something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Depending on what connector you have …. If not this one, see the post below!
You need to pull the blue clip out sideways. It will come halfway out. That frees the hose. Make sure not to pull on the hose while pulling the clip out. Will make it harder to pull that clip out.

The clip looks similar to this one:

NEVA20 Rally: Catskills NY - Cooperstown - Woodstock
Save The Dates: July 31 to August 2, 2020
WWW.NEVA20.COM
https://www.stromtrooper.com/events...-2020-catskills-ny-cooperstown-woodstock.html

#3 ·
bl -- Is this for a 2016 DL650 or DL1000? If the former -- per your profile -- see this thread, posts 131 and 136 in particular.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. It’s a DL650 same one in my profile. Was able to figure it out after looking at post in the link. Pushing towards the fitting on the tank turned out be enough to relieve the tension. Kind of annoyed that thread didn’t show up in my searches originally wouldn’t of posted if I’d seen it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 ·
All my Stroms have had green clips and at the top of the clip there is a slot just perfect for a small flat bladed screwdriver.

Push the fuel hose on just a little more to relieve the pressure, insert the screwdriver into the slot and twist, the clip should just pop up and the hose slip off.

Don't try to remove the clip completely at this stage, you can do it later if you wish but it is not necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.