StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I ride to work each and every day, I want to make sure y'all remember tomorrow, July 19th is "National Ride to Work Day"!

I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot more than 2 bikes tomorrow!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since I'm retired, do I have to get a job to participate? Maybe I'll just ride down some rural back roads and call it work.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cdnt48 said:
Since I'm retired, do I have to get a job to participate? Maybe I'll just ride down some rural back roads and call it work.

That works for me, does it for you?

Heck, everyday should be ride to work day for you!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I ride to work every day as well, rain or shine. Especially with the gas prices were seeing this summer. I have been saving at least my bike payment and insurance payment at a minimum each month in gas just riding the bike on a daily basis. :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
cdnt48 said:
You should go out and ride around for 8 hours, then call it a day.

Everyday is ride to work day for me. There's a bunch of mostly weekend riders at work (motorcycles are the new golf) that I've told about the event, I know some of them will be riding that day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
cdnt48 said:
Any riding you do should be a tax-writeoff as "Suzuki R&D." :lol:

(Just don't forget to write a letter to Suzuki with your likes/dislikes about your Strom.)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tomorrw is the day I'm most likely to NOT ride to work. Too many clueless 'tards out on bikes tomorrow.

·
Administrator
17,396 Posts
grimel said:
Tomorrw is the day I'm most likely to NOT ride to work. Too many clueless 'tards out on bikes tomorrow.
Natural selection WILL be occuring!!!!! All the noobs that have zero experience, and went out and got a bike due to gas prices, will be out in FULL FORCE. Kinda scary!!!!! :(

Lots of riders out in shorts, tanktop and tennis shoes too!!!! OUCH..... :roll:

·
Registered
23 Posts
100+ degrees

im finding it hard to be motivated to ride to work in full gear with the Hot Hot weather. my cage has nice A/C. sorry.

its not a "dry heat" like other places (AZ or CA), it feels like a sauna. :shock:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In Florida, it ain't dry either! More like a steam bath!

However, I ride in full gear each day, every day.

Never hurts to sweat a bit - tends to help the gear fit better!

·
Registered
84 Posts
and do I want to ride to work on the Strom tomorrow but...

But it is going to be 107 here in central Oklahoma tomorrow!

Rode to work Monday in 105 heat and I found out what it feels like to have your helmet literally start to roast your head!

No thanks - and I hate it!

Brian

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I did ride in to work once again today. Surprise, surprise! I saw 6 more bikes than normal. Kind of brings the motorcycle to auto ratio down to almost 7 to 10,000! Almost fair odds!

Sure did see a lot of cars and trucks going by with a H-D sticker in the rear window. You don't suppose they just bought the sticker now and not the bike. Would they be considered "Cheap Posers" ?

Y'all have a great day!

·
Registered
177 Posts
fl_strom said:
Sure did see a lot of cars and trucks going by with a H-D sticker in the rear window.
Yeah, I could never figure out what kind of statement they're trying to make.

Maybe like, "Ignore this beat up pickup truck. I'm cool 'cause I have an H-D at home in my garage which I ride three miles once a week to Bike Night at the Dewdrop Inn. Can't get over how great it looks, sittin' in that parking lot all chromey and shiny lookin'."

- Tom

·
Registered
285 Posts
fl_strom said:
Sure did see a lot of cars and trucks going by with a H-D sticker in the rear window.
I road to work again as well. I noticed the same thing this morning. HD stickers in all kinds of windows. I would think if they had a HD they would be riding, especially with the weather we had this morning :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
a guy at work here has a HD edition Ford. I asked him if it leaks more oil than normal fords. :lol:

i rode, same as every other day. part time rider here rode yesterday but not today, i think the monsoon on the way home wigged him a little bit. Riding sideways is fun.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did my part and rode in to work today...as usual. Glad to do my part in raising motorcycle awareness, but then I don't really need any extra incentive to ride every day. Fortunately, I did see a few other people riding today that I don't think are regular motorcycle commuters. Maybe it is just me being optimistic.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I was the only bike at work today. It rained pretty hard last night and when I saw that the roads were still damp in the morning I knew there wouldn't be too many bikes. That, and the threat of rain in the afternoon kept all the other bikes at home. Too bad, it turned out to be a nice day. No rain at all.

K

·
0 Posts
103 degrees on the way home from training today, but I rode. Just like the day before and most every day I don't need to take the car for some reason.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts