StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little reminder to go over you stroms and check the tightness of your nuts and bolts. I went to take the front wheel off to get a new tire put on ( 7,000 mi on rear and 10,000 on front ) only to find both pinch bolts that lock the front axel from turning, finger loose and the axel which threads into the left fork slider was lacking about 65 pound feet of specified torque!!! No wounder I didn't think much of how this bike road in the gravel. With the new D607,s and properly torqued bolts the bike feels much better on the gravel roads. I guess the dealership missed checking these bolts when they went over the whole bike at its first service. :evil:

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Scary. Good thing you found the loose bolts before they found you!

Would be really rough to do this without the wheel attached.

·
Registered
255 Posts
No lose bolts but my front wheel was put on BACKWARDS from the dealership! :)

Heavy, those guys that do those "tricks" are freakin' insane! I saw a documentry on them doing their thing in LA I think. Absoutely mind boggling!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know a guy that tried that ONCE on a borrowed GSXR1100 I think the bike WAS. He ended up in the hospital for a few days and off of work a few months. The idiot was wearing a tank top, shorts and gym shows but at least he had a helmet. The bike was totaled as well and the owner who let him borrow the bike did not have any insurance to boot. Expensive lesson learned for both.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stick with the stock seat and you'll never have to check your nuts again. The seat will do it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts