StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I ran into one of our members down in Fredricksburg over the weekend(I had asked if he was a stromtrooper) and since I was posting in the "Look, there's..." section, I thought that I'd drop a note in here too. I admit, I've been a bad Stromtrooper. I lost my headlights back in Sept of last year. I wasgetting ready for a ride and poof, off went the aux lights, then off the headlight low beams went.... and since I had so many other projects going on, and so many other bikes to ride, there it sat till ast week.

I have a new (and vastly improved) sweetheart in my life and she loves to ride with me. We've taken the turbo out but it's small and cramped so I knew that I needed to get my Vee sorted out.

Last week I finally got around to it and got all my electrics working properly again. Since I had added the aux lighting and cigar lighter for my radar detector and a separate fuse box, I removed all of the wiring under the fairing and started reinstalling each system till I ran into the problem and repaired it. Yeah, it would have been MUCH easier just to open the bikes original fuse box and replace the headlight fuse but occassionally I'll admit to being a dumbass....this was one of those moments<LOL>.

Anyway, I go to start the bike and the battery (original) is flat so I hook up the smart charger and recharge it...then, even though it had sat for over 5 months (with Stabil), it instantly fires and settles into a decent idle....very cool. I balanced the TB's but they were only about an inch or so out of whack once I hooked up the tubes. Not bad for 5 months of "storage"!!

She LOVES the Vee. I knew that she would. It's nice and big and roomy and she loves the torque and how it accelerates compared to the turbo which feels like you are being shot out of a cannon when it's twisted wfo.

Now that I've finally got it sorted, time to rack up some miles. I have a new front shoe to get mounted then we'll be ready to do some camping!!

Hope everyone is well!

jeff

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
This reminds me of a sitcom from the seventies with John Travolta.

I can't think of the name of the show............

Anyways, welcome back Kushner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Indeed the v is very reliable. I've never had a serious problem with mine.
GReat to hear you have a new riding companion, that her in your profile picture? Nicely done!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
GReat to hear you have a new riding companion, that her in your profile picture? Nicely done!
That the old one.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,404 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a new (and vastly improved) sweetheart in my life and she loves to ride with me.
jeff
We are all ears waiting for you to go over the list of improvements! Especially if they are improved over the old avatar.......:jawdrop::biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This reminds me of a sitcom from the seventies with John Travolta.

I can't think of the name of the show............

Anyways, welcome back Kushner.

Nice to see the wit of S/N still going strong!! Her and I both laughed out loud at this and the other responses.

I had shown her my "avatar girl" and warned her.....so thanks guys for asking but no, it's just a pic I found one day of a girl with a beautiful....back...probably really ugly though<LOL>

jeff

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The story of meeting my sweetheart actually began on one of my bikes! While riding my turbo one afternoon, it finally dawned on me that my GF's habit of telling stupid lies, wasn't going to change and I asked her to move out and she moved back to OH with her family. 25 texts a day and countless phone calls finally brought a letter from me tell her to stop, thankfully, it did. I had broken up with her last August for the final time in 6+ years, but she had moved in for a “couple of weeks till she found a new place”. On that ride in January I decided to tell her to move out, which she did.

I waited almost a week before setting off to find someone else via Eharmony, and against all odds, three days later found Kerry, although 10 years younger than myself, she's smart, genuine, beautiful, appreciates old school romance, well educated and self reliant....perfect for me. The downside is that she lives 50 miles away.

To give you an idea of why I’ve fallen crazy head over heels in love with her….a couple of weeks ago, I called her on her cell instead of at home after she had texted that she had to run out. She answers the phone and asks me if I saw my "surprise", I said no, what surprise and she tells me to check on my front porch, it was supposed to have been delivered at 7pm (it was 7:19)....I opened the door to look for a package or envelope……………..and there she was!

She had come all the way over just to surprise me! When I woke that morning at 3am to shower and get ready for work, I looked down at that beautiful woman fast asleep in my arms that I was so lucky to find and just looked up and said "thanks". That was in late Feb and it only had gotten better and better. Yesterday I dragged myself to work sick as a dog but with several deadlines looming, determined to get some work done. You guys know the deal. I just wanted to go home and lay down after work and woke to see her beautiful smile looking at me. She had driven over to bring me some home-made chicken soup! How I ever got so lucky to find such a selfless, loving woman, I’ll never know but I sure know one thing. This girl my friends, is a keeper!!

jeff

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts