StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a 8-circuit power block for aux stuff like lights, GPS, radar, etc. I need to find a good on/off source for the power block relay to activate it when key is turned on. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2003 DL1000

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
Nevermind. Found the rear brake adapter kit from Eastern Beaver.
I hope it's a tail light kit, if you connect to the brake lite circuit, it would only turn on when you apply the rear brake:rolleyes:

I recommend not tapping any circuits, rather find an unused switched plug, tapping compromises the integrity of your wire harness

I pluged mine into the orange & white wire in the dealer test plug at the recomendation of Suzuki NA tech support

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I I recommend not tapping any circuits, rather find an unused switched plug, tapping compromises the integrity of your wire harness
Eastern Beaver's kit is a plug-in tap using appropriate connectors. It doesn't compromise any wiring. I, on the other hand, might well give you nightmares with some of my wiring modifications. I'd rather do things the way Jim does, but don't have his patience for hunting down parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it's a tail light kit, if you connect to the brake lite circuit, it would only turn on when you apply the rear brake:rolleyes:

I recommend not tapping any circuits, rather find an unused switched plug, tapping compromises the integrity of your wire harness

I pluged mine into the orange & white wire in the dealer test plug at the recomendation of Suzuki NA tech support
Sorry, I do believe it is the tail light harness NOT the brake light.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I tapped into the brown wire inside the wiring loom on the right side of battery box. Simple task, Just make sure your connection is solid. I managed to tape it tight after installing it. No problems after 2500 miles in varying weather.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Eastern Beaver's kit is a plug-in tap using appropriate connectors. It doesn't compromise any wiring. I, on the other hand, might well give you nightmares with some of my wiring modifications. I'd rather do things the way Jim does, but don't have his patience for hunting down parts.
Jim's stuff is top-notch and the prices are very fair. I could make a lot of the stuff but it's just nice sometimes to buy something that works right out of the box with NO messing around!!

I have the brake light trigger wire, the headlight modulator and the headlight cutout switch. All plug and play, very nice and super quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts