StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if that is an electrical relay or junction box on the left side of the bike, behind the body panel and positioned under the seat.

I just noticed this while washing it at work. I should go check my shop manual but it's at home and Ive got time to buzz around on this site..

·
Registered
441 Posts
one of them bad boys is a two conductor deal which when shorted switches to "dealer mode" There's an official switch that plugs in there but a paper clip would probably work fine. The other I think is a connector too. I've forgotten off the top of my head however and would need to look at the wire loom diagram.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think the 2nd one is used to reprogram the Fuel Injection. I have 2 on my left side, one all black (the dealer mode switch), and another, larger one -- used to plug the Yosh box into for FI remap.

BTW, I wish I could wash my bike at work (instead of spending the day on Stromtrooper) :lol:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sasquatch! You're looking at Stromtrooper at work?!! :shock:

Say it ain't so! :lol:

Hey, how's the weather way down there? I am heading out of the mountains of NH tomorrow on a trip to Murray KY. I bet it's a lot warmer and a whole lot greener there right now.

Ride well!

·
Registered
292 Posts
We just got a little storm front through the area which really greened things up. The weather is a perfect 78-82 or so! Murray, huh? My mom went to Murray State, and I visited (read: partied) there a few times during college. If you travel a little more east, towards the Etown/Louisville area, shoot me a PM!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Roger that Sasquatch. I appreciate it. I'm sort of on a scouting mission.

Looking for the perfect place to retire and do lots of wrenching and riding. Right now, even though I haven't quite seen it yet, the Dover TN/Murray KY area is at the top of the list.

Cheers!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Now this is the kind of job I need, get paid to wash the V and surf the strom troopers sight, Where do I apply :lol:
fyr said:
I was wondering if that is an electrical relay or junction box on the left side of the bike, behind the body panel and positioned under the seat.

I just noticed this while washing it at work. I should go check my shop manual but it's at home and Ive got time to buzz around on this site..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts