StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 with just past 15K on the "O", headed for the big city today about half way I noticed the LED volt meter bouncing around between 14.3-to 14.5...thought to myself that ain't good, never over 14.2 and solid. Had to stop to fuel and when I slowed down it felt like I had lost one of the plugs and felt a wee bit underpowed from the usual spunk. Lifted the seat and my EB fuse block relay was pretty warm and it smelled of some pretty hot wires. Turned it around and returned home, haven't had time to look see.... because of domestics needed done.

Your thoughts on what I might look for?

Warm regards, Ed

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thinking it's not the charging as system. No blown fuses? Burned wiring ought to blow a fuse or two.
Just took a quick look all fuses seemed ok, I did start it up and there's no difference in head/run light flux either. Guess I had better go pull my Haynes out and do some reading tonight.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Check battery terminals and main ground (and secondary ground) to have clean good contact and tight bolts.

Regulator failures are rather uncommon, so I would rule out other possibilities first. If you are suspicious of the EB fuse box, disconnect it temporarily and see if that cures it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check battery terminals and main ground (and secondary ground) to have clean good contact and tight bolts.

Regulator failures are rather uncommon, so I would rule out other possibilities first. If you are suspicious of the EB fuse box, disconnect it temporarily and see if that cures it.

Thanks....noted and added to my list....:wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts