StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in doing a dinner club or a weekly meeting of riders during the weekday? I was thinking a group of us meet at different places around 19:00 for dinner, chat, etc. It could be either at someone's house, restaurant, etc. Maybe go for an evening ride after dinner around I-465 or something like that.

I just want a good excuse to get out on a regular basis and meet others that like riding. I'm pretty isolated in my circle of friends - as most of them don't ride and don't understand my obsession for it.

I'm sure I can get GrayWolf to join me - so that is at least 2 of us.

Tige

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yeah, you could twist my arm. We could do a lunch bunch type thing too although after work sounds easier around here.

Sure, I'm in.

-GW

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Well, I probably won't be a regular but I am planning on heading through there in the next month or so. Planning on visiting the Indy museum (again) and then heading over to Dayton to visit the US Air Force museum (for the first time) as well as the Wright Brothers sites in Dayton.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good idea, Tige!

I'm up for something like that and would like to meet some more Strommers. Indybob lives in Carmel, and we get together fairly regular. Name the time and place and let's get the ball rolling!

Jay

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
We would do that if it would work in to our schedule.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Well, I probably won't be a regular but I am planning on heading through there in the next month or so. Planning on visiting the Indy museum (again) and then heading over to Dayton to visit the US Air Force museum (for the first time) as well as the Wright Brothers sites in Dayton.
Sounds like fun. If you need a floor to camp on let me know.

-GW

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey there!
I'm a new Wee owner, (I hang out over at Advrider.com) and happen to live in Brownsburg. I'm game for a weekly (or more :) ride and bullshit night.
I'm still in the break-in phase but should be done by wed. I picked up the 650 last wed the 2nd and have a number of questions...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey there!
I'm a new Wee owner, (I hang out over at Advrider.com) and happen to live in Brownsburg. I'm game for a weekly (or more :) ride and bullshit night.
I'm still in the break-in phase but should be done by wed. I picked up the 650 last wed the 2nd and have a number of questions...:rolleyes:
Come on up man! Would love to have ya. GrayWolf and I are also ADVRiders and Wee owners. I'm sure GrayWolf would be more than happy to run his yapper about all the things to do for a Wee.

Tige

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Sounds like fun. If you need a floor to camp on let me know.

-GW
Thanks, I appreciate the offer very much. I'm hoping to get close to Dayton before I call it a day. I want to hit the Wright Brothers sites about the time they open the doors so I'll have plenty of time at the USAF museum. If it looks like I'll have some time I'll give you a shout and buy you Indy guys a cup of coffee or something.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i live in louisville and wouldn't mind riding up one evening this summer to meet you all for dinner. i can't make it this coming wed., but if i get a week or so notice in the future, i'm sure i can swing it.

hmmmm, now i have to find a twisty route to indy :) .

frye

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great idea

I'm up for some regular get togethers. Not sure if I can make it this Wednesday but will see if I can clear up my schedule and let you know by Monday at the latest.

Bob

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
135 through brown county, then... hell I don't remember :mad2:

Tige, what do you take north from where 135 drops you off?

-GW
Well - 135 will take you all the way to I-465 in Indianapolis. After Trafalgar, it is straight as an arrow and pretty boring.

When you and I split and I go home, I take Indiana 44 east and then 9 North to Pendleton. It isn't the most fun, but it is a decent farming ride if you've never been on it.

Tige

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm up for some regular get togethers. Not sure if I can make it this Wednesday but will see if I can clear up my schedule and let you know by Monday at the latest.

Bob
Let us know if I should plan on you joining us or not.

Looks like about 4 of us so far. My wife might join us, but I'm sure she won't decide until Wednesday at 6:00 PM.

Tige

·
Registered
386 Posts
135 through brown county, then... hell I don't remember :mad2:

Tige, what do you take north from where 135 drops you off?

-GW
i was probably on that road a few weeks ago on a ride with some buddies. stopped for lunch in bloomington and rode hoosier national forest and lots of brown county. fun roads.

frye

1 - 20 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.