StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any success in adapting/using a regular bluetooth earpiece - (the kind you would use while driving your car) on their bike.

It would be nice to answer my cell phone while on the bike, however I am not in a position financially right now to buy a motorcycle bluetooth system.

I would even settle for a set of corded audio earphones with a mike - does anyone have any experience doing this? I am concerned that the caller will only hear wind noise.

Any other "inexpensive" suggestions?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
bluetooth car system

The motorcycle enviorment is very unfriendly to devices that are not designed to operate in the bike world. Wind noise is a bass tone and it will literally drive a vox system crazy-----I spent over $7,500.00 trying to find a good motorcycle audio system......after all that I found Autocom and have been happy ever since.
Bluetooth sounds great but one may find that it does not work quite as advertised.

GPS A2DP protocols

head sets A2DP protocols (this does not mean they will work together---)

Cell phone 2.0 may not work with the headsets

Radar Detector: add a bluetooth dongle it may interfere with the other devices

Bike to Bike no one offers anything that I have ever heard will work....

Intercom this will work with same brand

Charging the batteries on the headset every day on a trip

Is having a wire going to your helmet more or less trouble than all of the above problems ? I think it is much less trouble and much better performance to be hard wired......:beatnik:

NET NET buy a good hardwired system that is guaranteed to work you will spend less money, not get ulcers, and have a system that can grow as you need it to, without boxing you into a pricey corner.......JMO I have sold, over 1000 systems, installed 400, have run into most of the above problems. Yes I am prejudiced toward Autocom but I am also experienced and I know it works and it is guaranteed to work or your money back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts