StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I was just a little curious what it cost you to initially register your Wee. I went to the clerk and recorder today (Aspen, CO) and it cost me a whopping $450 bucks for registration and plates. I about hit the floor when she told me that. :furious: I live in Aspen, but I'm definitely not making an Aspen salary. This was for a 2009 ABS coming from Idaho. What did you pay?

Cheers,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Everything Is High in Aspen.

I got a parking ticket for an expired meter in Aspen, the fine was $60.00. No way I'm paying that. Now when I'm in your "fair" city, I park in the city parking garage for an unreasonable amount per day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just paid for my 2011 last week, plates, title, taxes were 458

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a parking ticket for an expired meter in Aspen, the fine was $60.00. No way I'm paying that. Now when I'm in your "fair" city, I park in the city parking garage for an unreasonable amount per day.
Haha, yep. There are no deals in Aspen, especially with parking. They have started allowing bikes to park for free at the end of all streets in the downtown which is nice.

bcnu53, I think Colorado in general is just outrageously high.

·
Registered
56 Posts
forgot to mention that was in Wyoming. I still have a house there and travel back and forth

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I pay about $30 a year in Tennessee in the county

·
Registered
813 Posts
Don't talk registration costs to Kiwi riders.....

$528 per year here - more expensive than registering a car. The worst part about owning 2 bikes (and a car)...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Queensland

twelve months registration which included 3rd party insurance here in Queensland Australia is $400.20. You can modify the bike to make it a solo by removing the pillion seat and pegs, this is much cheaper but of course you can't carry a pillion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it cost me $17 to register and get plates for my 06 wee and $318 for insurance, next year my insurance goes down to $224 plus $17 to uprade my plates

Now we have a shorter riding season than most but when its nice out for long periods of time it works out :)

Jim

·
Registered
813 Posts
twelve months registration which included 3rd party insurance here in Queensland Australia is $400.20. You can modify the bike to make it a solo by removing the pillion seat and pegs, this is much cheaper but of course you can't carry a pillion.
Oh, I didn't mention insurance - that's extra!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Well I bought mine used so I paid a use tax, which is sales tax, so $300-something on the $3000 I *said* I paid for the bike (hey, I bought a $3000 bike plus $1000 in installed luggage and $300 for an installed power commander.. fair, right? :thumbup: )

not sure what the renewal will be. $150ish i guess.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like the Kiwi's take the cake. Still, paying nearly a 10th of what I paid for the bike in these fees seems a little excessive. I told them there better be a bridge (or pothole) named after me.

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
Mine was (in NSW, Australia):

Registration Fee: A$56
Vehicle Tax: A$52
Number Plate (one only): A$38 (as this was a new registration, the bike having been unregistered for the previous couple of years)
Compulsory Third Party insurance (not bike insurance): A$314

Total: A$460 = US$493 = GBP300

The full comprehensive insurance for the bike itself was A$303 for A$6000 bike cover.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
In Oregon, About $200 for plate and 4 year registration when new from the dealer, then $48 for two year renewal on tags.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yearly registration here in Pa is $18, and here I kind of complained because its a motorcycle, but after seeing some of the replies, I'll keep my mouth shut. I don't remember what the initial registration was (to get the plate and what not when I got the bike from the dealer) but i know it was not too $$.

Then again the dealer holding the motorcycle keys 2 feet from me made my memory blurry when I signed the papers. :)

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Hi All -

I was just a little curious what it cost you to initially register your Wee. I went to the clerk and recorder today (Aspen, CO) and it cost me a whopping $450 bucks for registration and plates. I about hit the floor when she told me that. :furious: I live in Aspen, but I'm definitely not making an Aspen salary. This was for a 2009 ABS coming from Idaho. What did you pay?

Cheers,
Rover, will you break out those costs? I see that there is a personal property "ownership" tax based on the original value of the vehicle reduced by its age. Does this appear to be correctly calculated?
$7499 x .85 = $6374 taxable value
$6374 x .015 =$95.61 Ownership tax

Plus license fee ($15?)

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
In Florida, it was about $200 per vehicle for a permanent, transferable registration. Not bad in the long run, but an initial shock with two cars and two bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
In Florida, it was about $200 per vehicle for a permanent, transferable registration. Not bad in the long run, but an initial shock with two cars and two bike.
How do you think I feel with 3 cars and 3 bikes - and the cheapest bike is A$460. The cars are much more.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts