StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back road planning advice.

Utah, Wyoming and Colorado riders your knowledge is needed. I'm leaving Central Oregon mid August in route for Hills Air Force Base, UT. to visit my Nephew. Then on to Divide, CO to meet up with my brother. Currently in the planning stage and looking for some information. I'll be flying low and as fast as my Glee will take me to HAFB. Really dislike the word "Glee" so from here forward "Rex" will replace "Glee" in any future descriptions of my ride. Please bear with me.

After my stop-over and hopefully some riding time with my awesome Airman Nephew I'll be back in route. One of the routes I'm looking at is Interstate 80 onto State 414 south, heading for Flaming Gorge. Then up 191 north cutting back southeast on State Route 1364, "not sure if this is the correct number" to join in with CO 318 and to Craig, CO for the night. Has anyone traveled this route? What's the road like? Passable, Questionable? I'll be traveling alone so am cautious about doing something I'm unable to handle myself.

Upon leaving Craig, "Rex" and I will be heading east on US 40 to CO Rd 27 heading south to US 131 join Interstate 70 for a quick easternly run to US 24E and south of Leadville to cut over Weston Pass on Rd 22 joining 285 south to 24 east to Divide, CO. I realize this is very condensed description, but I'm in the early planning stage and haven't received the maps requested for each state. If you've traveled any of these routes or have better suggestions I'm all ears. Any recommendations and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My travel is limited to 7 days round trip with two days planned with my brother. If need be I'll Interstate back home, but really don't wish to do that.
Thanks V-man

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1st stop on your trip is BUTLER MAPS website:

Motorcycle Maps, Roads, Routes, Trips & Travel - Motorcycle Tours - ButlerMaps.com - Butler Maps

they sell sets, w/ map & book, explaining the roads & their worthiness ±

maps made by motorcyclists for motorcyclists

good products

just my 2¢ worth

sw
Thanks Swoody, maybe I should have refraind from posting until said maps arrived. :headbang: If anyone has actually been on any part of this route and want to share your thoughts and or advice, I'd greatly appreciate your input. Until then I'll patiently await maps to arrive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts