StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here put on the 1 foot lengths of reflective tape/stickers on their pelicans ? If so - any problems with the reflector lifting - or how did you get it to stick so well ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have 3M reflective tape on the pelican cases that are on my KLR and it has held up just fine. Make sure you clean the area with alcohol before you put on the tape and you should be OK.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I put several different kinds of reflective tape on my Pelicans, prepping with alcohol. They stayed on, but were relatively easy to remove several months later.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
We wanna watch...

I'm going to apply it to the rear end of my boxes.
Can we see a video of that?

Maybe just send us a DVD, eh?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I *really* like the 3M diamond grade tape. It comes in 4 inch widths. I've used red and white. The 3M Solas tape doesn't match up durability-wise, but is a wee bit brighter when new.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Scotchlite

I used 3M scotchlite, Black. During the day it is black and almost unnoticed. At night it is bright. I bought some pretty cheap off ebay (make sure it is 3m).

Daylight:

Dark out:

Notice that in the daylight photo you can vaguely see the stickers... at night it is very bright, but not as bright as the ADV sticker that is next to them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used some SOLAS marine tape made by Reflexite, bought it from eBay seller colediscount. 10 feet cost $25 with shipping (kinda spendy, but a little cheaper than the 3M tape Aerostich sells in 2' lengths). It went on very easily and seems good and sticky. I cleaned the cases with rubbing alcohol first, and then cut the tape and stuck it on. I wasn't happy with the alignment of one of the pieces, so I peeled it up and restuck it -- seems to have adhered just as good as the others.

It's bright, too! :cool: Here's a shot taken with a flash camera in broad daylight.

It matches the silver Pelican cases well, so when it's not reflecting, it almost disappears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts