StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought some reflective rim tape off eBay last week. Delivered on Friday, installed today. Very simple to put on. It was pre-formed for the rims and cut into 4 pieces per side. It does take patience to get them on so they're straight or symmetrical (however you want to look at it). And it helps if the rim is clean according to the instructions.

I ordered yellow tape, thought it would look good with the blue bike. Printed on 3M reflective. Shows bright yellow when light hits it.
Yellow --

Reflective (but a bad shot) --

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you happy with it?
Link to your ebay source if you are?
Do I understand you, it didn't come in one roll, it came in four pieces, so sixteen pieces in all? Do you have to plug in your tire size when you order?
The reflective pic still looks a little yellow, is it really white? (I know it's hard to capture night reflection in a picture.)
Finally, are you happy with the yellow on blue bike?

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you happy with it?
Link to your ebay source if you are?
Do I understand you, it didn't come in one roll, it came in four pieces, so sixteen pieces in all? Do you have to plug in your tire size when you order?
The reflective pic still looks a little yellow, is it really white? (I know it's hard to capture night reflection in a picture.)
Finally, are you happy with the yellow on blue bike?
Yes, I'm happy with the reflective rim tape.
Link to eBay auction --> http://tinyurl.com/5dndfj. Communication with the seller was great (I dealt with Tanya) and the switch from plain to reflective was easy. Order took about 4 days to get to me, from east coast to west.
There were 18 strips (in case you mess up) all on 1 sheet of paper.
After the auction ends, you tell them your wheel sizes.
I haven't really tested the reflective part, other than with the camera flash (which isn't as bright as headlights). Now that I read the auction more carefully, I see that the reflective of the yellow is supposed to be bright yellow. Guess it's hard to capture that with a camera up close.
I wanted some contrast so that's why I bought yellow. If you go reflective, the color options are not as plentiful as the standard rim tape (which has 21 colors). Yeah, I'm happy with the yellow on the blue bike. I think it stands out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts