StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been posted before. I've got a 2007 650A, and recently had to replace the battery. After doing so, there's this 'ree' sound (honestly can't describe it in any other way, 98% sure it's electrical though) after I start the engine. It's really similar/identical to the noise that is made when you just turn the bike on - but it only starts after turning the engine on. Pretty sure it wasn't there before I changed the battery. Thoughts as to the cause?

Disclaimer: I know very little (none) about electronics and wiring, so please bear with me on this one

·
Registered
15,763 Posts
My 04 Wee doesn't make quite that sound, could it be the fuel pump?
Do you have a volt meter that shows the charge rate?

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
Try adding some cleaner to your gas and see if the sound goes away after a few days. maybe it is coming from fuel filter. The battery swap may have just tuned you into listening for anything strange and you noticed it, unrelated.
Or maybe the terminals on the battery are loose and there is a small arc happening under there someplace making the noise.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Its most likely your fuel pump. The high pressure filter is the likely culprit but the suction screen can get gummed up too. If it ends up being the fuel pump, search this site for the "fuel filter bypass" for the most affordable fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys. Fuel pump seems to be the likely culprit so when I find time to sit down with the bike and see if I can figure some more stuff out.

Edit: Just started the bike, noise does sound like it's coming from the engine. Attached a link with a recording, can hear it behind the engine running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts