StromTrooper banner

Redwoods to Sacramento-need advice

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  richlandrick 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Going down the Oregon coast soon to the Redwoods. Then thinking of heading over to Tahoe. Does anyone have any suggestions for the route to take from the Redwoods to Sacramento where we can stay off Highway 80?

Thanks so much!!

#4 ·
If you want to go to South Lake Tahoe, you can get on hwy 49 to Plymouth. Head East through Fiddletown to hwy 88. You will end up just south east of South Lake Tahoe. Take hwy 89 to Tahoe. If you are going to North Lake, at that point just head around the lake.

#7 ·
Are you staying on Hwy 1? How far down the coast do you want to drive? If you wanted to go completely down 1 to 101. Then I would go 101 (north) to 37 to 121 (thru Napa) to 128 (to Davis) and then I-80 to Sac.

If you are staying on 101. 20 (to Clearlake) to 16 (to Woodland) and I-5 to Sac.

Not sure when you will be down this way. Let me know if you want some company.

#9 ·
Motorcycle roads - California. Give the map time to populate then take your pick.

Find motorcycle Roads, Trips and Events in California, USA | California Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

And yes, Highway 20 is Epic. Considered by many to be the best motorcycle road in the USA. Imagine over 100 miles of tail of the dragon, with three distinct different road personalities.

Be mindful of sport bikes that creep up behind you and pass beside you in your lane though. I don't think they mean offense, they are just trying to politely pass, but I have seen guys take offense to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.