StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some old galvanized pipe laying around off of an old trampoline that my kids had. I had two tapered pieces with a cap on each so I cut it down to 24" and drilled holes and bolted it where the old style oil cooler use to go. At least I think that is what the threaded holes were for. I notched the bolts to give them a easy shear point in case of a hard drop. I painted it with rubberized paint but it didn't do too well. I will most likely try some barbecue grill paint when it warms up some.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
End caps. I filled the tube with foam insulation just in case it might decide to vibrate or hum. I have no idea if it helped. It didnt do either when I rode it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice, but pegs should be foldable, otherwise in case of a crash or bike tipping over, the front cylinder will be destroyed.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice, but pegs should be foldable, otherwise in case of a crash or bike tipping over, the front cylinder will be destroyed.
+1
Or get a bashguard and bolt it to that, then at least the guard takes the hit.
I used 20mm square alloy tube that was then fixed to normal pegs that fold up when riding that I can then 'kick' down and relax on the highway.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats why i cut grooves in the bolts between the head and the bars. I was hoping that they would act as shear pins of sort. The bolts are soft too. I only have a half inch of bolt threaded into the head and thought if they did break maybe they would just break that far in. I might have to rethink them a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts