StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the wee world. I have a 2011 I just bought, and want to put crash bars and a skid plate on it. I have heard some people have vibration/buzzing issues once these are installed. Can you all advise me the best setup without having to worry about the side effects of buzzyness, vibration, or unwanted sounds?

AND, if there's a skid plate that is great that does NOT require crash bars to mount, please mention that too ... But eventually crash bars would be installed ...

Thanks in advance ... :thumbup:

~dez

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
The postings tell about the fixing of the vibration, shim and retighten.
I have motech crash bars on mine and it's OK. I had one big heavy duty steel bash plate on mine for a bit but it was like a pendulum in the twistys. It kept wanting to arc when I was trying to transition the other way. I took it off and no more scary moments.
I won't mention manufacture, I don't want to rain on any ones business venture. I just wasn't happy with it.
I'm thinking since I 'm not looking for serious protection I would bend up a bit of Aluminum diamond plate and make my own.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have SW-Motech bars and the skid plate that Yann (also known as Narcosis Junky) here on the board makes. I opted for his steel plate and don't regret it at all (he has an aluminum one as well). I even bought his highway pegs. I have had them all for about a year and love them all. The wonderful thing about his pegs are that he designed them so that if you go down the bike won't catch on them and do a high side (they fold up close to the bikes body).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts