1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kids bought me this book for Christmas:

Motorcycling Across Ohio: A Guide
by William Murphy

I quickly skimmed through the book, and it looks awesome. Most of the routes can easily be done in one day, sticking to lightly-travelled backroads, with interesting and historical sites to see along the way.

I am looking forward to completing all the routes in the book and hope to see some of you along the way. :)

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Let me know when you go, I live in Akron as well. If you don't mind the company. :D
Do you ride a silver Strom?:???:

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Duh!! Just reread your post, saw you ride a red 650.:rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
LOL. C'mon Handy, you can ride with a Wee, you'll just have to slow down alot! :mrgreen: Just messin with my small displacement brothers. I love the Wee.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm in too, once I get my Strom anyway. That book looks fantastic, I'm gonna buy it right now.

·
Administrator
17,543 Posts
I would also be very interested, although I already know some excellent routes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ya'll be careful, now... I used to live in Ohio, and they have the most "enthusiastic" Highway Patrol of any other state I've ridden in, and that's 49 of 'em altogether! ;)

·
Administrator
17,543 Posts
Ya'll be careful, now... I used to live in Ohio, and they have the most "enthusiastic" Highway Patrol of any other state I've ridden in, and that's 49 of 'em altogether! ;)

You aint jokin!!!!! However a good buddy of mine is a State Trooper, he said to "always" be courteous and admit you were wrong. Lots of State boyz ride motorcycles....as long as you were not being a complete idiot, they might let you go with a warning.

You won't see an out of shape State Patrol officer in this state, at least I never have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts