StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. After having two 650's years ago, I recently bought an '02 1000 with broken turn signal stalks. I'm impatient, or slow or old.....and prefer looking at a manual and not search forums for information.

I will likely not do any engine work, maybe valve adjust at the most and other maintenance, and want to buy a manual. Pictures, diagrams are great. Happy to pay either for paper version or digital. What do you recommend? I have lots of experience working on bikes, but now without a garage I want to go straight to the "how to's"

·
Administrator
5,745 Posts
This link was to pirated manuals. This community has agreed that no such links should be posted here.
The only way to obtain genuine service manuals is through your Suzuki dealer or https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/
Jason, you have made just two posts in 10 months but one, in the words of facebook, is in contravention of our community standards.

Suzuki no longer provides digital versions of their service manuals, and virtually ALL eBay manuals are pirated copies. Good luck following the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This link was to pirated manuals. This community has agreed that no such links should be posted here.
The only way to obtain genuine service manuals is through your Suzuki dealer or https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/
Jason, you have made just two posts in 10 months but one, in the words of facebook, is in contravention of our community standards.

Suzuki no longer provides digital versions of their service manuals, and virtually ALL eBay manuals are pirated copies. Good luck following the wiring diagrams.
I didn't know, sorry bout that.

·
Administrator
5,745 Posts
You can buy used manuals off ebay sometimes. That is where I got my genuine factory manual
However the vast majority are pirated copies, and ALL digital versions are pirated. Even some of what look genuine retailers are in fact printing copies of genuine Suzuki manuals.
Sorry Jason - two same threads in two days and I jumped more than what was perhaps necessary.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
There's a Haynes that covers through the 2004 DL1000 models.

There are a few detail differences (I don't have the list in my head...), but just about everything will be exactly the same for your 2007 as the 2004.

·
Administrator
5,745 Posts
Thank you for reminding me that in the past Suzuki did allow Haynes to produce its own version. However most people here that know both still recommend the factory version.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I've found the right answer for which manual is always "everything you can get your hands on". None of them are perfect, so more than one source of information will help you achieve better results.

For example, the Haynes manual will have workarounds and even instructions for homemade tools. The factory manual assumes you'll have all the special factory tools needed, and tends to skip a lot of things someone who's not a trained tech wouldn't know.

Both are shot through with errors (there's a whole thread here on that) and indecipherable diagrams. Sometimes the blurry postage stamp black and white photos in the Haynes will help describe something a little better or worse than the diagram in the manual.

All the above said, the Haynes (and this site) is sufficient to get you through pretty much anything you're likely to tackle in the garage.

I have both and I double-check in both when starting something that has a specific process, like a valve clearance check or changing the fork seals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts