StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a replacement of their clutch lever for a shorter item? I have a broken lever presently, and if anything I wish it was another inch shorter so I could just use my index and middle finger to pull it in.

Any recommendations or cautions are much appreciated.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I just used a hack saw, then cleaned up the wounds with a dremel tool. I had to do this to get my hand protectors to mount up.

Or you can cheat and buy some. But, that would be paying for sex when it could be obtained for free. The satisfaction in the end will be similar.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a Zeta clutch perch and 3 finger lever on the DRZ. I am sure it would be a very nice addition to the Strom as well. Pricey, but sweet. :thumbup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the advantage of the Pazzo levers if you are going with a stock length?

Also, what is the advantage of the Pazzos to the tune of two hundred bones? :yikes:

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Looks and performance on the longer levers, and on all their levers, Quality Control.

On my last trip to Asia I sat on the plane next to the "Plant Supervisor" for the Bow Flex Gym people. Plant Supervisor was code for being responsible for seeing the material received was actually same as speced and ordered all the and not being substitute in the plant as well as from suppliers,

There are few standards enforced so even when aluminum is stamped a certain grade you can't be sure without continuous testing,

A real eye opener.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Here's the features list for the Ride-It levers. I have a pair and find no fault with the description. Properly program a CNC machine and it will knock out precision quality parts from billet with no problem. $62 a pair.
Features:
* Machined CNC Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum
* 6 Position Lever Adjustment stainless steel fasteners
* Precision Machined Pivot Bore To Ensure A Perfect Fit
* 7075 Type 3 Black Anodized Cam Block For Improved Longevity
* Custom Cadmium Plated Springs & Brass Pivot Bushing
* Stainless Steel Hardware

A lot of Strom owners have them and as well as what look to be the same units from other sources, some much cheaper, and couldn't be happier.

Good deal on levers from china

·
Registered
766 Posts
ASV is the original designer and developers of the folding motorcycle levers.

3 and 5 year Warranty.
100 reach adjustment position.
Great feel, look, design.
Multiple colors.

·
Registered
766 Posts
No worries. Good stuff. I wonder how SV Racing Parts would do being a dealer for ASV? :yesnod:

·
Registered
766 Posts
ok.

Still on the 1000. Weather was not kind the days we had time to ride so did not get out much.

Check out My Life at Speed

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
CRG Roll-A-Click

I hated how the long levers felt. Beside the OEM levers bumped the Acerbis aluminum hand guard frames forcing the lever to be "exposed" and susceptible to breaking (see pic below).

The CRG Roll-A-Click levers in "shorty" length come in many color combos and are wonderful feeling. Mine are charcoal gray with red clickers:

CRG Shorty Clutch lever next to OEM lever:

Front brake lever:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts