StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a cargo net for a 2017/2018 V-Strom 650? It's already got the stock mini-rack on the back, but I can't find a bungie net small enough for it. Embarrassingly, I went out for donuts for me and wife yesterday, and had to put them in my jacket :(. Thanks All.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before panniers I just looped the bungee hooks through itself to cut down the size of the net.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Those Rox straps are perfect for what I need to carry donuts and other little things. When I graduate up, hard cases will be in my future, but for now this is great.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not sure of the brand but the one I got from Revzilla is totally great and in my option, a "must have" item. The hooks also have hooks in the reverse direction so you can basically make the net any size and tension you want in any direction. Was about ten bucks, can't beat it.

·
Administrator
13,356 Posts
ROK Straps are great. I have used them for about 10 years now. I always carry a set of large and a set of small ones but there are some things that are just better to secure with bungee nets. A smallish bag or box of almost anything is an example.

As have been mentioned doubling them back on themselves can help make them "smaller". Most bungee nets I have had (bought from Motorcycle stores) have had three hook on two of the sides so sometimes using the pair on a side that are closer together can also help.

..Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts