StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recomendations or links please to a good top case with a pad for my DL650. I need this or some sort of passenger pad so my guests feel more secure on the bike. Thanks

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
How big of a case do you need? What are you planning on carrying in it? And how much do you want to spend?

Since you want a passenger, I assume more room is good, so you should probably get the Amotostuff mounting plate, because it's adjustable and allows for a couple extra inches of passenger room.

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AMSVSLug-MK&Category_Code=dl1000_luggage

As far as what case to go with it, well, there's an insane amount of options, but if you use that plate you need to get a Givi Monokey case. It just depends on what size and options you want, and I believe all Monokey cases have the backrest as an option.

Personally, I'll be getting a Shad topcase because they're significantly less expensive, and appear to be of good quality. I rarely ride with a passenger, and when I do, she's clinging to me for dear life, so the extra room afforded by the Amotostuff plate isn't necessary.

A lot of people report that a backrest pad isn't necessary if your passenger is wearing a jacket with armor, just something to think about. That would give your passenger the most amount of room possible.

Here's the case I'll be getting:

$175 shipped from adventure moto, and includes mounting plate. The backrest is also an option, for $35.99 but I'm going to try it first without the pad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like MZBuckeye said, as long as your passenger is wearing a riding jacket with some kind of foam in the back (whether it be comfort or armor foam), a backrest isn't needed and will just take up space while putting your passenger's back in an uncomfortable position.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I love my e52 with the added lights.

·
Registered
181 Posts
MZBuckeye, do you have a link to that case? I like that one and the price is pretty reasonable too?
thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here's a picture of my JC Whitney large topcase, cost less than 70 bucks. My passengers havn't complained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts