StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 712s are super inexpensive and I'm seeing older reviews suggesting they are a really decent tire for the money. Anyone have recent experience with them or can suggest another low priced tire with reasonable longevity for 90%+ street use?
(Currently on 804/805 combo which I find noisy and vibey. Thought I would do more gravel/fire road, but I'm not).

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 712s are super inexpensive and I'm seeing older reviews suggesting they are a really decent tire for the money. Anyone have recent experience with them or can suggest another low priced tire with reasonable longevity for 90%+ street use?
(Currently on 804/805 combo which I find noisy and vibey. Thought I would do more gravel/fire road, but I'm not).
I'd push that to 98% street use, but they're pretty decent for the money.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I put a set on my '09 Wee thinking the same thing. I was not at all impressed with their wet/cold weather performance....to the point I took them off after less than 1000 miles and gave them away. They will certainly give you long life if you're willing to compromise on grip.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I've run 712 on many 70's era Guzzi's and also my DR650 with great success. The big downer is I don't get good mileage out of the rears. Couple thousand miles and they are shot. But at somethgin like $50 a tire its not a big deal.

Shinko 705's are cost effective

Front bias - $49.00
Front radial - $76.00
Rear radial - $105.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts