StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Item 1 - I adjusted my TPS before a trip to florida because my bike was stalling. Some opined the switch is done when it plays this routine. After adjusting no more stalling problem, adjusted TPS has over 2,500 trouble free miles.

Item 2 - I installed new iridium plugs to keep from doing plugs every year at 10,000 miles. How long do the iridium plugs last? OEMs looked fine at 10,000 mile interval.

Item 3 - My fuel filter started to clog at 48,000 miles with normal symptoms. Dealer backflushed it because he didn't want to gamble on replacement not fixing issue. Flushing worked for 9,000 miles at which point fuel pump noise returned and bike started to loose power at high RPM. The filter was available for $240 at Service Honda. I wussed out on doing a bypass after I saw the complicated set up and the high and low pressure filters. This time I pulled the tank and did the swap myself...pretty easy but watch the small parts as the pump/filter set up is somewhat complicated. New filter comes with regulator attached. I went ahead and replaced 2 "O" rings also.

Item 4 - Air filter. Mine has been street ridden only since last filter. 18,000 miles and it was very nasty looking. New filter in.

Bike runs absolutely perfect once again. Fuel pump is almost silent.

If my fuel filter clogs again I may bypass it but number 1 went almost 50,000 miles and I seriously doubt I will be riding mine past 100,000...but who knows.

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Not sure what bike you have but the bypass dsoes not work on DL650's from 2007 on. It works on the DL1000 and on the DL650 prior to 2007.

I did mine last winter at 145,000 km, or roughly 90,000 miles. The very fact that I was able to do it and the bike still ran afterwords speaks volumes about it being fairly easy, it jsut took me some time do complete. The total cost of parts to do the bypass was about $60 up here in Canada, and the filter would cost less than $40 up here. (And keep in mind that prices for this kind of stuff are much higher here than down there.)

..Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts