StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have gotten a recall notice for some O-ring problems and have had it done. Did it take long? Was yours shown to you to acrually see damage?

·
Registered
475 Posts
How many of you have gotten a recall notice for some O-ring problems and have had it done. Did it take long? Was yours shown to you to acrually see damage?
I had mine done on my 2017 DL650. The recall affects multiple years and multiple models. Apparently there were some problems installing the fuel line to the pump and some bikes may have had the O-ring damaged during assembly. It took about an hour of actual work to do. I don't know if my O-ring was damaged or not, it never leaked or had drivability problems, and I didn't ask to see the original part.
Just because it wasn't leaking now, it may have started leaking in the future,

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had mine done last month and it took them just over an hour to complete. Mine wasn't leaking, and I didn't ask to see the original O ring after the work was done. Like Motorpsychology said above, I suppose it could have started leaking down the road sometime, so I had the recall work done so I'm not constantly wondering or worrying that it's going to leak.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had it done during the 12000km checkup (9 months in my ownership of the bike). Didn't ask about it, just had it done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the recall done today. Took 1 hour. They replaced an O ring and a plastic circular sleeve. The original O ring has nubs on it and the new one does not. The O ring was approx 2-2 1/2 inches in diameter as was the plastic sleeve. All good now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I need to have this done too, do you think i can ask them to clean my air filter and change oil+filter for reduced price since they remove it anyway?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had this done on mine last year and it was a nightmare. Service tech screwed up some stuff and they had
to take parts off a showroom new bike to fix mine after I rode it home and found stuff broken and missing
even upside down. Never again. Had to take it back to dealer same day - Tech was fired .

·
Registered
67 Posts
I need to have this done too, do you think i can ask them to clean my air filter and change oil+filter for reduced price since they remove it anyway?
I would ask the dealer but most dealers will work with you on things like that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had this done on mine last year and it was a nightmare. Service tech screwed up some stuff and they had
to take parts off a showroom new bike to fix mine after I rode it home and found stuff broken and missing
even upside down. Never again. Had to take it back to dealer same day - Tech was fired .
Sorry to hear about the problems you had. One of the reasons I waited to get it done was I wanted the dealers to do a few bikes before doing mine. I asked the tech how many he did and he said he has done a few recently so I was ok with that. I also asked for paperwork on the recall so I can prove the recall was completed.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have resisted getting this recall done. I am on the third notice on mine. I stopped by my selling dealer and their attitude was so bad even my wife said, "Lets get out of here, I don't want these idiot jerks touching our motorcycle". The service manager gave me a hard time and at first said he wasn't aware of the recall. I explained it was the fuel o-ring and he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Then he wanted me to bring in the bike and leave it for "a week or two" as they would not order the parts until they actually had the bike sitting there and I presented the paperwork. My wife suggested we just buy the parts and put them in myself.

Its a straight forward job and I will likely just buy the parts and do it this coming Winter. Screw the dealer, we have zero faith in them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Pass it on to Suzuki.

Powersports dealers seem to be hit-or-miss, Jeckyl & Hyde. Mine handles several brands of MC's jet skis, snowmobiles, SxS's 4-wheelers,Can-Ams- if it doesn't have glass widows, they probably carry it or can get it. Their sales & service depts. are good, scheduling not so much. I had a problem with the scheduling (took three visits, no parts twice) of my recall on account of a inadequately trained counter kid. I emailed the details to the ultimate owners and got it handled. They were appreciative of my complaint and we worked through it.
Your dealer may be actually owned held by another business: a car dealer group, bunch of lawyers, etc. If you can determine that this is the case, contact them. You'll be doing other Suzuki owners in your region a favor. As for the recall itself, it isn't too involved a fix if you are a DIY type of owner, and I would let Suzuki know that you handled the recall yourself. And why. Suzuki Cycles - Contact

1 - 12 of 12 Posts