StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Recall

Bummer...
Been watching that thread from the states.
209 Stroms and I have bike 98.
A job at the first service.
Strange that it is still not mentioned on the Suzuki Australia web site yet ???
VEE02

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only read about it on Bikepoint this morning and the article was dated only 3 days ago so I thought it was a new thing.
Wasn't sure if it was National or International as I didn't see that article on Stromtroopers.
I just thought I'd put it up here anyway...just incase:confused:

Cheers

w_b

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had the 1000 k service last week the dealer hadnt heard a thing. I think my bikes number 12# or thereabouts so a recall could be happening to me.

No issues with my switch atm.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Got my recall notice in the mail on Saturday; My front brake still works fine wrt the brake light, so despite the "do not ride" warning, I'm riding it another 200+ miles tomorrow to reach 600 on the odo when I bring it in for servicing at the same time as taking care of the recall issue.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
180 Posts
FWIW, the US Adventure model has apparently already had the recall switch replacement performed in the warehouse. This is what my dealer tells me. In any case, it's a (silly) silver lining for those of us who had to wait a couple of months for the variant.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Any 2012 that shows up at the dealers after this point should have had the part swapped already.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Got my recall letter today.
Rang Suzuki the regulators were made in 3 different factories and they don't think one of them is up to scratch so it is being replaced.
He was suprised mine has been added.
So they must be adding other bikes to the original recall list.

Cheers

Gotawee

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Does your bike fall within the VIN range?

Model DL650AL2 - Vin JS1C7111200100001- JS1C7111200100209
Hi K1W1
Yes it does fall in that range.

Didn't know the about the VIN range my mistake.
I just posted what I was told by them today.
But he did seem surprised so maybe it's not trickled through all the workshops yet.

Gotawee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts