StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about a January 18th recall for the wires chaffing under the tank and the connecters that are not waterproofed? Theres a guy on advrider who said dealer refused to sell a v strom as a recall is about to be issued. My dealer didn't mention a recall and I got my new v strom with no issues.

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Funny that a chain/sprocket change should take 2 hours at a shop. My buddy and I changed the same things in a lot less time in his garage.
Well, they ain't gonna charge you so what the heck?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
There is a recall in Australia that has been noted here. The bikes will have the same issues worldwide.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Red V2 for $7999 out the door. They cannot release the bike until the wiring recall is completed and said it would be about a month because they have no complete information/parts/etc from Suzuki on it yet. The rear rack was already replaced for the paint problem. No big deal waiting since it's winter now.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
It appears the wire chafing and connector corrosion issues have resulted in a recall.
With regard to the connectors, I wonder whether they will replace a portion of the harness, repin and replace the connectors or simply protect them similar to how many have done thus far with rubber inner tube, etc?

Tipsy

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think it is a smart move on their part to call 'em in. It is an almost nil material cost repair, other than rear rack and TBH pretty minor teething troubles.
Mine was the first bike I am aware of to have the under tank chaffing and my suzuki dealer sorted it out quite quickly. I made a point of posting here and on the UK forum and also sent Suzuki NZ an email to thank them etc. the front loom plug is as yet unprotected and it has been in some horrendous conditions in it's 25,000km life so far. I will get them to sort if poss.
Good thread Midwinter!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem. I was bummed out to find that they have this issue. I am new to v stroms and just picked up a left over 2014.

I hope the recall comes soon so it will save me completing the fix myself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've seen mixed comments about whether or not '15 models had any change implemented. I haven't gotten under the seat yet does anyone know for certain if it was addressed?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've seen mixed comments about whether or not '15 models had any change implemented. I haven't gotten under the seat yet does anyone know for certain if it was addressed?

well, I noticed that the Aussie recall link posted here mentions 'L4, L5 and L6'. Is that code for 2014 thru 2016?

Henry.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
well, I noticed that the Aussie recall link posted here mentions 'L4, L5 and L6'. Is that code for 2014 thru 2016?

Henry.
Yes, there are many bikes that left the factory a while ago and are considered L6 (2016).
After any recall is issued they will make the change only on bikes still on the production line, not any others, not even the ones stored in the building beside the production line. They leave it for a dealers to do.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i this message when i checked online

Error Code: 91
Information about this VIN is not available through this system. Please contact customer service.

NOTE: Only U.S. spec street motorcycle VINs are supported on this website for recalls after January 13, 2000. Please call Suzuki’s customer service number to inquire on
recalls for auto or off-road vehicles.

and their customer service is closed for the holidays
any idea why it says that

i would like to know if my bike needs the recall as it is in the shop already being fixed from the accident i had with it (got hit by a car)

·
Registered
33 Posts
First post but here it goes. Pulled the trigger on a 2015 Adventure. Safety recall till January 18. Nervous about this, but the price is right. Hoping this bike replaces the smiles of my 06 Ulysses. Loved the Uly but it has let me down and common parts are being back ordered.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Strom 650 was assembled in Colombia.... Fat chance we get recalls.... ever!!!!

Just let me know if the recalls in the US happen and what parts to change.... or maybe the Colombian ones do not have issues (therefore better than the japanese!!! that would be a first!!! lol)

:)

1 - 20 of 363 Posts